• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient Match Day Thread.

Rog H K

Pete, we know you have a thing for referees but to say that he was "excellent" makes me think that you have lost the plot. He fell for all kinds of shocking activity from Orient, including being totally ignored at times. And how a ref, 15 yds into the pitch can over-rule a linesman and give a throw in is beyond incredible
That throw in was shocking. I was in the stand and it didn't look like a throw TBH. Linesman was a few yard away and didn't even put his flag up. City quite rightly played on then ref decided to give a throw a day later as a few orient players cried at him. He was never in a position to give a throw in. A bad ref yesterday.

exeter-loyal

People were shouting at the ref and lino on the Doble side that Williams was being pushed into the box by 3 Orient players just prior to the penalty to make sure his body inside the area would rule out the pen ! **** me you love defending every team we play against.
I'd love to see what he posts the day we get promoted!!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
He (the ref) didn’t give Archie a booking when he grabbed an Orient players legs after he stumbled on the end of our box in the first either. Terrible ref. Doesn’t totally mask the fact we were too slow to get going in the second half but is hard to get going when you’re brought down whenever you run forward! Anyway, onwards.

actually, has anyone seen the Law replay yet? Didn’t look handball to me and I can’t recall a single Orient player protesting?
Was talking to a lad after the game who sits nearer that end and he said to me he thought there was a hand in there somewhere ? Couldn't work it out from the BB

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd love to see what he posts the day we get promoted!!
About the same as fans from other clubs would do !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
That throw in was shocking. I was in the stand and it didn't look like a throw TBH. Linesman was a few yard away and didn't even put his flag up. City quite rightly played on then ref decided to give a throw a day later as a few orient players cried at him. He was never in a position to give a throw in. A bad ref yesterday.
We saw you over there mate , had a load of new people where we normally stand who were tired at 20 minutes in of standing and decided to sit down ! these weren't older people but youngsters of about 16 yr old ! Quite funny coming back at halftime ciggy to see 20 people all taking a break.

exeter-loyal

About the same as fans from other clubs would do !
We will go up and he will still be negative.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
After the red cards for managers were introduced there seemed to be a brief period when there was less abuse of the fourth referee. However, that didn't last long and you wonder what the point of having rules for disciplining managers is if they are not going to be used.
The football institutions don't have the ballz to improve football : they don't even implement their own rules. They turn a blind eye to racism, dodgy owners, ill discipline of players and managers, et al
And look how many cases of corruption within FIFA and UEFA have been exposed.
Football needs really strong leadership but attracts many wide boys and/or incompetents.

iscalad

In the 60th minute I think. Very early which adds to the ‘game management’.

Also, why is this never enforced:

‘An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
  • controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it
The officials took no notice even though we helpfully counted out the seconds for them. :mad:

DB9

The officials took no notice even though we helpfully counted out the seconds for them. :mad:
Think sometimes if the officials see the fans "Helping" with incidents they get arsey and a cob on so they think, it's their job not the fans and ignore things

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding Aaron Martin, as a defender he isn't perfect, sometimes I think he could be more aggressive and his lack of pace concerns me however that could be said about Sweeney, Moxey, Parkes, Warren and Woodman, none of them are quick.

Matt Taylor seems to be irritated by the fact their striker was allowed to hold the ball up near the half way line for the second goal. If Martin had come clattering through the back of their striker and they had scored from the resulting free kick who would have got the blame ? Their striker passed the ball to their central midfielder who played it wide to an attacking player who cut inside and had a shot, if people are being consistent in terms of being critical you could ask if the likes of Sweeney, Williams and Collins could have done more to stop the shot.

Aaron Martin certainly isn't perfect and he has his weak points however we are a league 2 side, if people are going to demand near perfect defending from Martin they need to demand it from everyone else in our back line.

Matt Taylor was an excellent lower league defender however he didn't win every battle every week.