• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool Utd FA Cup 2nd Round Official Match Day Thread

Fareham Grecian

I did ok with my last MDT so let’s ‘ave this. Featured on the BBC, chance to show how good we can be, and the lure of the third round draw...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Unable to attend as I'm working. Not sure how I'll keep up to date with the match. Going to be a tough one, hope our players are up for a bit of a battle!

Jason's preview

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unable to attend as I'm working. Not sure how I'll keep up to date with the match. Going to be a tough one, hope our players are up for a bit of a battle!

Free live commentary on Hartlepool Official site. :p

Legohead

Banned
Cheers Pete.

I'm going 3-1. Bowman double and Parkes header. Pools get a late consolation.

Banksy

Come on you Reds , hammer ‘em. Straight at them from the off.

David Treharne

If you haven't set out yet.....think about wearing something warm! It's currently 3c with a brisk (and keen) northerly wind. We have 100% blue cloudless sky at the moment. There's been a trace of rain in the last 24 hours and although it'll get slightly warmer during the course of the morning it's going to be cold. The pitch looked in really good condition 30 minutes ago and it'll be a great day for attacking football; so let's hope it's City that are doing the attacking. I'll probably do a 12.30 update.

cannockred

Have just logged in to Iplayer and it tells me the match will be streamed this afternoon?

Fareham Grecian

Free live commentary on Hartlepool Official site. :p
It’s on ifollow and Radio Devon. And featured on BBC tv.

grecIAN Harris

If you haven't set out yet.....think about wearing something warm! It's currently 3c with a brisk (and keen) northerly wind. We have 100% blue cloudless sky at the moment. There's been a trace of rain in the last 24 hours and although it'll get slightly warmer during the course of the morning it's going to be cold. The pitch looked in really good condition 30 minutes ago and it'll be a great day for attacking football; so let's hope it's City that are doing the attacking. I'll probably do a 12.30 update.
I'd also think about bringing your sunglasses if you're standing on The Big Bank. I've been down on Exmouth beach with the dog this morning and the sun low but very bright.

David Treharne

Good advice, Harris, although it's clouded over somewhat since 10:00. The wind is chilly. The thermometer says 6c, but it feels much colder, because the wind from the north has increased slightly in strength. Just about to set off for the ground and a warming drink of some kind...…..