• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another one those, 'wheres our second striker arriving at the back post' moments again.
To be honest, IMO Law should have been able to flick that one in. Completely missed it.

IndoMike

The art of great management is working out how to get the best out of players. Whether that's by stick or carrot. Or both. Whatever works. Some people need a rocket up their ****. Others an arm around the shoulder.

From the little I've seen, Fisher is not in the same bracket as Bowman. Ryan is not just a lump to pump balls up to. He gets around a lot and really works to make things happen, has a good footballing 'brain' and is good with his feet too. A really impressive signing. Whereas Fisher appears to be more a "backing into a centre-half and wait for the ball to be launched to him" kind of centre-forward. Both have their place in League 2.
Yes, that was my point really. I think Bowman knew he had to play at his very best yesterday.
About Fisher, he's only made a few cameo appearances so far. My guess is that Bowman is the better all round player but I'd like to see how Fisher performs as a starter. Obviously Matt prefers Bowman.

grecIAN Harris

To be honest, IMO Law should have been able to flick that one in. Completely missed it.
Maybe he should have but how often do you see that happen,somebody attacks the near post doesn't connect/connect properly, causes confusion, players thumps it home at the back post'? Every weekend is the answer but will be rarely seen with City this season because we don't get the bodies in the box.

IndoMike

Maybe he should have but how often do you see that happen,somebody attacks the near post doesn't connect/connect properly, causes confusion, players thumps it home at the back post'? Every weekend is the answer but will be rarely seen with City this season because we don't get the bodies in the box.
I've seen wingers and full backs coming in on the blind side to slot the ball home

grecIAN Harris

I've seen wingers and full backs coming in on the blind side to slot the ball home
Who? Deano did it from a set piece last week but who from open play?

IndoMike

Who? Deano did it from a set piece last week but who from open play?
I'm talking about football in general, Harris.

grecIAN Harris

I'm talking about football in general, Harris.
Read what I said again. It happens every weekend but will rarely happen with City because we don't get the players in the box.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

The 360 should be available tonight. Hoping there will be a better angle for the Maxted save.

elginCity

Note the two FGR defenders appealing for the throw in just before the superb Sparkes cross, a pivotal moment.

It’s the occasional rub of the green you need for a successful season, could it be our year ?Bowman had an excellent game overall, and for me shaded MoM.

tonykellowfan

Can you imagine the score if Harmon was in goal?