• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

ryancooper327

Law for Jay would be my first sub.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some twats throwing bottles from the Big Bank.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yeah right. One decision you dont care for and he's "useless". He's had a very good game thus far.
Actually it's been a few. Maybe you need to be here.

ryancooper327

Jay fisher and Seymour the only subs warming up at the break

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have never seen a ref like this before. Totally baffled by the decisions he has made"

FGR are sneaky niggjy and far too smart for this ref to spot. City deserve the lead and hope to goodness we continue to play well and win

ryancooper327

Actually it's been a few. Maybe you need to be here.
I agree, he’s missed things that wouldn’t have been on camera

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
HT 1-0

Great to watch that first half. Forest Green look nothing like a team that concedes on average 0.5 goals a game, we could have had a couple more. Nicky Law in particular wasted a chance where he was ahead of the last defender and instead of running at the keeper decided to chip him from 40 yards. You would imagine Forest Green can't be as vulnerable second half, but I'm not sure they do anything except control games by possession, so we just have to keep the pressing going.

The two decisions the crowd are upset about: the first one where he penalised L Martin for a foul was definitely wrong in my eyes, whereas with the goalkeeper down on the floor after a collision (with his own player going up with one of ours) as ref you don't have much choice but to stop the game at that point. However, to restart the game by giving the ball back to the keeper? Not sure that's right, but have to admit not sure about the rules. But all this has helped build crowd noise at SJP which is important today, we need a big game atmosphere to lift our players. So far, so very very good.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Att 5312 inc 446 away fans

scottus86

That last 5 minutes was terrible refereeing. I understand stopping the play while the keeper is down, but to give him the ball back when we were in a goal scoring position is an awful decision. Couple that with their defender slipping and getting a free kick a couple minutes before, the ref has made some favourable decisions towards Forest Green.

Moving on from the ref though, we should be two or three up. Nicky Law should have scored a tap in and should have done much better with his chip from distance. The defence has played alright but the midfield needs to track the runners a little better. Our attacks have all come down the right, surprisingly though our goal came from a great cross from Sparkes on the left. Lee Martin has been poor and I think Jay deserves to have a go in the second half. Williams had been lively, Law has been good even though he has missed a couple chances, Bowman has had an excellent game so far, a nice finish and some lovely flicks and hold up play. Jake Taylor has also been lively today and has been much more involved than he usually is. Sweeney has played some nice forward passes and all three centre backs are looking solid so far. Maxted with little to do at the moment.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sparkes did well for the assist, but the ball went out of play on the sideline. Haven’t got away with much else with this ref, ‘sponsored’ by ecotricity 😀