• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
No one can make a difference sat on the bench, or with 5 minutes here and there, It's an opinion, none of us have Taylors job.

denzil

I've just warmed up and so can say - Shiiiiit we were awful today and how come we pulled our fingers out for the last 10 minutes and were hardly a threat for the previous 80 minutes ? How can we be automatic promotion material. In the words from MT last Saturday "we were limp today!" What with that performance and a good crowd for once how many of them will come back for more ?????????

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention yet of the stonewall penalty we didnt get?

STURTZ

Never a penalty, Williams got caught but he'd already lost the ball.

denzil

I've just warmed up and so can say - Shiiiiit we were awful today and how come we pulled our fingers out for the last 10 minutes and were hardly a threat for the previous 80 minutes ? How can we be automatic promotion material. In the words from MT last Saturday "we were limp today!" What with that performance and a good crowd for once how many of them will come back for more ?????????
p.s. if we play like that on Tuesday night against Crewe we'll be fooked good and proper

exeter-loyal

A point gained from a very uninspiring performance.

Lots of the ball but the final ball in was absolutely dreadful and on the rare occasion we did get a decent ball in it fell to Bowman who couldn't hit a barn door from two yards.

Moxey was awful and Dickenson bar his goal was very wasteful. Bowman didn't win a header or offer any movement and Ajose must wonder why he's bothering giving the dreadful service.

Great performance from Richardson when he came on and he should start in a back 4 on Tuesday
Should defiantly start with a back 4 on Tuesday. Lee Martin and Richsrdson changed the game for me. Both ran at everything and looked a threat going forward. Ward made a couple of vital saves but my man of the match today was Big Nige. Does his job really well!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
My take was first half despite us having the bulk of the play, Crawley looked the more dangerous our defence looked so disorganised, and we just couldn't pump in any accurate crosses, as someone else has said it was like we had never played together. Two notable chances one fell to Ajose or nearly fell to Ajose from a Dickerson cross which the goalie comfortably gathered, and ***king Hell Bowman's Header, surely it was easier to score, and why did he do it with so many children attending, I couldn't unleash a barrage of abuse for CHrist;s sake.

Second half didn't really improve good goal by Dickerson and contrary to a lot of opinions I thought he puts in a good cross, it's just a shame nobody is on the same wavelength or thought patterns, that said this and the goal aside he isn't Jack Sparkes.

Deano what a shocker he had, Despite the two saves by Ward if he was the man of the match tells you how dire most of the rest of the team was today.Law not back on form yet, Atangana kept getting caught in the mud, Jake was my man of the match for the effort he put in across the pitch.

I thought the subs were good and did change the pattern of play.

With regards to the referee and timekeeping (here you are Pete) I did time the stoppage time in the first half when there player kept going to the floor and yes he addded sufficient time for the stoppages, but why did we have them in the first place. Surely the player should have been treated off the pitch in line with the laws of the game.

Second half I didn't time the stoppage but again why was the match stopped, the player just went to ground (again) and like the first incident should have been treated away from the pitch.

On radio Devon Matt did say he questioned the ref about the extra time not being sufficient and did mention that it was recorded by the fourth official who Matt wasn't very complimentary about.

Mind you any more minutes and it could have gone either way. We'll take the point and move on, luckily apart from Cheltenham no major damage from (another) under performing performance.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yems was surprised it wasn't given.

PeteUSA

STURTZ you're joking right? In the unlikely event that you're not, the fact that Williams had "lost the ball" doesnt mean its not a penalty. The ball was still in play by the byline when Williams was clearly tripped; that was a pen.

STURTZ

With the pitch likely to be as bad on Tuesday night I hope we can adapt to the conditions against Crewe. Maybe having a 3G training pitch doesn't help our match day planning, we should be practising on a ploughed field!