• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Matchday Thread

ECFC89

Two matches already gone in League Two. Oldham v Tranmere and Bury v Cambridge. Lot of rain in Manchester then.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone coming in by train on the Waterloo line...they’re are no SWR trains coming out of Central ST between 4:15 and 8:15 because of expected high winds according to the Network Rail APP

Alistair20000

Having lost me money on a horse called Pym in the last at Cheltenham yesterday I hope our Christy is not on the losing side today.

In the footie section of the Racing Post one of the writers has Colchester as the best VFM bet of the day against “Exeter who have the look of a side running out of steam.” Hope he has that wrong.

UTC

IndoMike

Having lost me money on a horse called Pym in the last at Cheltenham yesterday I hope our Christy is not on the losing side today.

In the footie section of the Racing Post one of the writers has Colchester as the best VFM bet of the day against “Exeter who have the look of a side running out of steam.” Hope he has that wrong.

UTC
Cheeky barsteward. Taylor should enlarge that quote and post it on the changing room wall.

Red Devon

Anyone coming in by train on the Waterloo line...they’re are no SWR trains coming out of Central ST between 4:15 and 8:15 because of expected high winds according to the Network Rail APP
Apparently there’s now a 5:15 showing

David Treharne

Although the sun has made a brave attempt to break through it's still cloudy, but also windier. The wind is blowing 5-6 in gusts, and there are still occasional flecks of rain in the wind. The wind appears to be moving round from SSW to SW and probably thereafter to W, but it's going to make the game a lottery and the proverbial 'game of two halves'. If we do get showers it'll feel considerably colder than the 15c that is the actual temperature. Possibly a game settled by freak goals from far out? Thanks for all the train info.

Although the sun has made a brave attempt to break through it's still cloudy, but also windier. The wind is blowing 5-6 in gusts, and there are still occasional flecks of rain in the wind. The wind appears to be moving round from SSW to SW and probably thereafter to W, but it's going to make the game a lottery and the proverbial 'game of two halves'. If we do get showers it'll feel considerably colder than the 15c that is the actual temperature. Possibly a game settled by freak goals from far out? Thanks for all the train info.

Keeping the ball in play from goal kicks will be important as well-especially if the wind is on the swirling variety.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A win today could take us up to 6th place with a game in hand on most of the other contenders, three points would keep us right in there but anything less than that makes the rest of the season an uphill struggle. So come on you mighty reds let's do em.

ECFC89

Pym

Woodman
O Shea
Moxey
Wilson

Taylor
Holmes
Boateng
Law
Jay

Bowman.