• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was the attendance?
3,527 (with a hardly 74 Latics making the long, futile journey into the night)
Somewhat disappointing but not entirely surprising given the freezing weather and the fact that it was a "school night"

Larry Wilkie

What was the attendance?

Dannyred

Have you ever considered moving to Arizona?
No I haven’t Why have you ?

Dannyred

It isn’t.
Give me reasons why it isn’t ?

geoffwp

In the automatic spots and off the back of a 5-1 win... the manager's team's all wrong and the young kids who've shown about 15 minutes of action should replace all the established players... I don't get this. Joel Randall will get his chance. So will Seymour. Taylor has, and continues to, nurture the young players. For some people, no amount of caution is acceptable.
That is a rather large exaggeration of what RM posted. He simply said he is disappointed Joel can't make the bench. I agree with him.

geoffwp

Also caution is one thing, inaction something else.

Saint James

No I haven’t Why have you ?
How about the bleeding obvious? The Football League don't allow artificial pitches !!!!! Response to Mr Moxey's comment

IndoMike

In the automatic spots and off the back of a 5-1 win... the manager's team's all wrong and the young kids who've shown about 15 minutes of action should replace all the established players... I don't get this. Joel Randall will get his chance. So will Seymour. Taylor has, and continues to, nurture the young players. For some people, no amount of caution is acceptable.
Edwin. I think you're over-reacting a bit and misquoting RD's post.
Holmes is clearly getting near the end of the line : surely it's fair comment to opine that Randall could be on the bench instead of Holmes? RD certainly didn't suggest all our young players should be on the bench

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Give me reasons why it isn’t ?
1. 4g isn't allowed in the Football League.
2. The players hate it.
3. Players with chronic but manageable knee conditions wouldn't be able to play.
4. From a purely personal perspective, the aesthetic of the game is ruined.
5. It's an expensive solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.
6. 4g pitches also suffer from wear and tear and need replacing after a shortish shelf life.

Plus they're flammable (https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4839487/hyde-mk-dons-fa-cup-pitch-fire/) and of course they cause Cancer (https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-tackles-chemicals-in-artificial-football-pitches-cancer-rubber-pellets/).

Red Monster

Hold you’re horses where did I say that Matt got the team all wrong.
I just had a option that Randall Williams didn’t look as affective
On the left, I even said he could have had a off night.

As for Joel Randall of course he will get his chance and if
Lee Holmes is fully up to speed then no problem with him
Being on the bench.

I hope this will satisfy you