• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could come into his own if Williams departs in the January window ?
Would rather see Richardson sent back to Forest and Randall given his chance, though both may be needed if Williams is sold.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would rather see Richardson sent back to Forest and Randall given his chance, though both may be needed if Williams is sold.
Key would be the more natural fit for RWB. Randall has played wing back (mainly on the left) but is generally more attacking, although the same can be said of Williams.

Still not convinced Williams will go in January. It will have to be a fantastic offer, especially as we would only get half(?).

Anyway, with Amps, he and everyone else has to be patient. RB Leipzag will still be a good learning experience and when he gets a chance, he will need to take it. I can't see him being sold under Lampard.

Grecian2K

Not such a dreadful "problem" to have though, is it?

jimbo-gould

Ampadu starts tonight in the Champions League!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ampadu starts tonight in the Champions League!
Thats some achievement for one so young

andrew p long

Thats some achievement for one so young
Amazing that the structure of the add ons to the tribunal ruling, mean that we get the square root of not very much for this Champions League start. Doesn’t count as an appearance ( only Chelsea appearances count) and we get nothing yet from the loan fee ( only get something when Chelsea are in profit on the transfer and loan fees)

Colesman Ballz

Ethan gets hooked on 56mins, shortly before Benfica extend their lead to 2-0. RBL have already qualified, making this a "dead rubber" for them, which maybe why they gave Ethan his opportunity ?

jrg333

He must be doing something right, but I'm continually amazed at how little energy Ethan seems to play with. Never leaving the centre circle and rarely breaking into a sprint. Coaches clearly like what he's doing but I can't imagine it's a style of play that endears him to his teammates or fans.

manc grecian

He must be doing something right, but I'm continually amazed at how little energy Ethan seems to play with. Never leaving the centre circle and rarely breaking into a sprint. Coaches clearly like what he's doing but I can't imagine it's a style of play that endears him to his teammates or fans.
That's his job, to protect the back 4. Maybe he doesn't need to sprint because his positional sense is so good. I agree he's capable of a lot more but don't think you are allowed to be a box to box midfielder anymore.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonderful picture of Ethan doing the rounds on twitter at the moment, courtesy of Jamie Coppinger.