• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three British players in the eighteen man matchday squad.

100milesaway

i reckon if Chelsea transferred him now they'd get 25m for him. Clubs will pay a lot of money for potential and he must be on the radar. 25m is peanuts for top clubs and it would be a good investment.
I can’t see that. Although I think he’s brilliant, he’s not been allowed to play against anyone REALLY good.
But I think he’d definitely go for £10M
I hope he goes out on loan to a premier league club.
The sooner the premier league introduce a cap on foreign players the better (but obviously they never will) so much British talent sat on benches

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He’s going nowhere on a permanent deal - he’s just signed a 5 year deal extension at Chelsea....

I think he will end up at Cardiff on loan in January

Swanaldo

He’s going nowhere on a permanent deal - he’s just signed a 5 year deal extension at Chelsea...
Hopefully not another promising player rotting away on the books of a big Prem club when he could be enjoying his career playing somewhere else... I'd rather be a legend at Motherwell or QPR than a nobody at Chelsea.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Hopefully not another promising player rotting away on the books of a big Prem club when he could be enjoying his career playing somewhere else... I'd rather be a legend at Motherwell or QPR than a nobody at Chelsea.
Not this lad Swanny - he’s going to be there and become a world class centre half and be the long term replacement for John Terry

Not this lad Swanny - he’s going to be there and become a world class centre half and be the long term replacement for John Terry
100% agree. I still dont think Ethan should have joined Chelsea but I think he has the confidence in his own ability to make it anywhere which can't be faulted.

He will make it and get 100 caps for Wales easy.

sidney

Whatever his reasons for doing so, his decision to choose Wales could well be the making of his career. It has greatly increased his profile and recognition, and has also given him high quality game time. He is very much better placed than if he had chosen England.

And his hair helps...

Terryhall

The sooner the premier league introduce a cap on foreign players the better (but obviously they never will) so much British talent sat on benches
As an aside I read something recently suggesting that a cap on British players would be much more effective at preventing PL clubs from hoovering up young British talent to be wasted "sat on benches". That means more British players getting game time and improving lower down the pyramid, before getting their move to the PL when they are good enough (Jamie Vardy, case in point). Worth thinking about.

StroudGrecian

Although I think he’s brilliant, he’s not been allowed to play against anyone REALLY good.
He has - against Eriksen in the Wales v Denmark match the other night. Didn't see it myself but it was described as a 'steep learning curve' for young Ampadu.

Mr Jinx

As an aside I read something recently suggesting that a cap on British players would be much more effective at preventing PL clubs from hoovering up young British talent to be wasted "sat on benches". That means more British players getting game time and improving lower down the pyramid, before getting their move to the PL when they are good enough (Jamie Vardy, case in point). Worth thinking about.
If I were the FA I would put out an edict that at least 1 home grown player needs to start each Premiership game. Substitute them after 1 minute if you like, but dems da rules. That wouldn't hurt the clubs too much but then I would ratchet it up a couple of seasons later to 2 players. And then 3 players and probably leave it at that. I think 3 players would be enough to make a bit of a difference to the national team.