• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Evening Standard tonight had quotes from our Ethan and discussed a fee of £3m
I've heard this is about right!

Banksy

Cheap at the price.Even if they reluctantly give us that having had their arm held up behind their back , they'll still make ten times it when they sell him on.

Last edited:

andrew p long

the story (earlier on this thread?)was that City wanted £3m but Chelsea had only offered £1.5m (?)

Might be in Chelsea's interest to stump up £3m now, before City start asking for £5m...

Cheap at the price.Even if they reluctantly give us that having had their arm held up behind their back , they'll still make ten times it when they sell him on.
In reality with the way football transfer fees are going if in 5 years time he has been in and around the 1st team squad picking up games here and there whilst being a regular for Wales if they sold him then for £40m to £50million wouldn't be a surprise at all. The reality is that if they put him up for sale now they would get £10million like a shot with every club in the Premier League wanting to be part of the conversation...

the story (earlier on this thread?)was that City wanted £3m but Chelsea had only offered £1.5m (?)

Might be in Chelsea's interest to stump up £3m now, before City start asking for £5m...
I think City should push for more now to be honest as he has already pushed his reputation onto the next level as one of the best young players in the country. Keep in mind that Real Madrid have just paid £36million for a 16 year old from Brazil and Chelsea (not historically of course) are certainly in the same league as Real Madrid financially. The fact that out of Chelsea's star studded Academy Ethan is the one (along with Sterling) who is training daily with the 1st team and starting matches for them shows the level he is at already, where Chelsea see him ending up and more importantly the level ECFC have developed him to over the years meaning at Tribunal it will be difficult for them to justify not giving ECFC an unprecedented fee for us. 8 weeks at Chelsea haven’t turned him into the player he already is, 8 years at Exeter City Football Club has built the foundations of him being a top international and Top 4 Premier League club player. Would anybody be surprised if in 10 years time he is Chelsea and Wales Captain? I certainly wouldn’t be…….

Last edited:

denzel

Is the price predicated on the potential of the player at the point of transfer? Could Chelsea start to argu that his development since the Summer is down to them, thus reducing the value somewhat?
Any idea what we will spend two or three million on?

Is the price predicated on the potential of the player at the point of transfer? Could Chelsea start to argu that his development since the Summer is down to them, thus reducing the value somewhat?
Any idea what we will spend two or three million on?
I would imagine that it will be the same as with previous transfers that it will be split 3 ways i.e. Academy, 1st Team, Facilities.

What he has been doing at Chelsea can only help ECFC to prove at Tribunal the potential of the player. :)

Banksy

That would be a decent split for any monies received.
How would we use the estimated million allocated to the first team I wonder? Split over several years?What position(s) do we need to strengthen to help ensure an automatic promotion spot?

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the highlights on TV last night you did get the impression that the game passed him by a bit, but when he was involved he didn't do much wrong. Of course highlights won't tell you how effective he actually was, in reading the game, keeping shape, tracking, pressing, etc. From the little I did see, he did well at recycling the ball. That Conte kept him on for 90 minutes in a close game speaks volumes.
i watched virtually the whole of the game and tbh with the only interest of watching his performance , and he when he didnt have the ball he was covering and orgonising, i was looking for flaws and weakness's and the ONLY one i could point was his size and at 17 he'll get bigger and stronger, no doubts he'll be prem player for many year to come, his 'open market worth atm has to b circa ten mil ,, lets see what our 'owners' realise, this deal is potentailly a game changer for us.

iscalad

So, one of their reporters reads Exeweb. Proves nothing.