• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Angus

As well as being disrespectful in your earlier post, you managed to completely contradict yourself in this post and ended up agreeing with those you said were wrong for saying he wouldn't make it.

I think the point people are making is not a sleight on Ethan's ability rather it's a valid commentary on how few progress to Chelsea's first team.
Wrong! I said well done for getting a new club like Chelsea and I think he will make it. However I also said he's disrespectful for not signing a contract with a move in mind

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wrong! You then hedged your bets by saying
If he doesn't make it he sure will at some club.
which is no different to what others have said.

Are you Donald Trump?

ECFC89

How are we ****ed exactly, we recieve an amount of money, proving that are yoof system carries on working, it seems an odd version of ****ed to me. Unless you are using it for the pleasurable way, in that case maybe.
****ed in the sense that when you try to be really positive about the situation, what you've just said above is correct. But, surely you MUST of been hoping that we'd get a substantial amount for him after he'd signed a deal. This way we lose a gem of a player, get a pittance for him in comparison to what he should be worth. Also, there's no help to our glorious academy if this begins to happen to every great player that comes through it.

Before i get slammed for being a negative ****, I'm not saying this is the clubs fault, but the systems. We got ****ed by the system.

benjisheps

I have also heard from someone within the Academy hierarchy (who is most definitely in the know) that certain paperwork was done and submitted regarding Ethan (even though he did not sign) which would make sure the club would get a substantial (in the millions) fee for him.
The club will make a huge profit on this deal, wait and see!!

Pobbop

****ed in the sense that when you try to be really positive about the situation, what you've just said above is correct. But, surely you MUST of been hoping that we'd get a substantial amount for him after he'd signed a deal. This way we lose a gem of a player, get a pittance for him in comparison to what he should be worth. Also, there's no help to our glorious academy if this begins to happen to every great player that comes through it.

Before i get slammed for being a negative ****, I'm not saying this is the clubs fault, but the systems. We got ****ed by the system.
Nah, as I said before, he was talked of as a major prospect for many years, we could have got nothing. We've done okay with players, and we'll probably do okay with Watkins for instance.

The system may be rubbish, but we were screwed with Fox, when we got nowt when he left back under the old system, you hadn't signed a contract then you got nothing.

Lets wait and see how much we've got before we decide if we've been robbed.

Last edited:

Angus

Wrong! You then hedged your bets by saying which is no different to what others have said.

Are you Donald Trump?
Yes I suppose you're right. What I'm saying that there's only two other clubs that you'd probably want to sign for over Chelsea in England and that's personal preference. But once you've signed for Chelsea it would be very hard to make it as a good professional footballer. Look at Nathan Ake, a player who didn't make it at Chelsea but just been sold for 20 million. Even players who don't make it at Chelsea still make success

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see anything good coming out of this deal.Chelsea will swindle us out of any future carrot that has been dangled in front of us.I await a the fine details of the deal to be published in full by the club.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
As has been mentioned above, if the Ampadus appreciate what City has done for Amps, including giving him the chance to play in the full team at such a young age, which helped Amps to prove his ability, then they also hold some cards. Don't forget Amps was also wanted by Liverpool and MU. Chelsea do have competitors. The Ampadua coukd literally say : "We'd like to join you but we woukd like to reward Exeter City for everything they've done". Now some will say that is naive or speculation, and I think the Ampadus are free to do whatever they want, but it's not an impossible scenario.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the club will get a good amount of cash out of this.

Angus

I've just heard from a good source that he's being loaned out for the next season.