Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Daved89

It is my understanding that a substantial fee is being negotiated. Millions of pounds will be exchanged - the club will certainly profit substantially.

Pobbop

At least this will raise the profile of our academy even higher and should help us compete to attract more talented youngsters.
Well Tis made that point in the article, and luckily enough because most 'papers just copy and paste articles nowadays, it's repeated in practically every follow-up article. Certainly helps us getting the news out first rather than Chelsea.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is my understanding that a substantial fee is being negotiated. Millions of pounds will be exchanged - the club will certainly profit substantially.
OK Dave. Seems everyone on here is really concerned about the money we might lose. Seeing as he was never our player, just sit back and see what unfolds. Anything is a bonus, and some of his performances early doors last season when we were struggling were already a gift.

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
An English player sucked into the Chelsea system = waste of time.

malcolms

Well-known Exeweb poster
An English player sucked into the Chelsea system = waste of time.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you'll find he's Welsh in a football sense... If he's good enough he will find a career there, if not, he'll end up somewhere in the FL system

Its a tough one this. On one hand I doubt he will ever play a game for Chelsea. On the other hand 'their' youth players usually end up getting decent football league careers elsewhere after top level coaching.

Personally if the option was there I would choose Arsenal or Liverpool or Spurs everytime ahead of the rest but who knows what options were available.