• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's hope our batsmen now realize that you MUST concentrate and only hit the bad ball until you are well set. You can't keep throwing your wicket away and leaving the job to the bowlers. Look at Stokes : bowled more than 20 overs, only scored 2 runs in his first 70 balls, and yet was the match winner.
Denly, Roy, Buttler : pull yer bleddy fingers out, otherwise you're just dead wood.
Brilliant Stokes,. brave Leach, and congratz to all the bowlers. An amazing day and well done to the Headingly crowd for their fantastic support through thick and thin.
A day we will always remember.

Colesman Ballz

Yes well done the Headingly crowd. Must be the best ticket that our Mr Bookie has ever purchased ! Only hope that after the ninth wicket went down he didn't decide to make an early exit to avoid the congestion !

Colesman Ballz

The Sydney workplace is going to be interesting on Monday, maybe I should take the day off :cool:
Should be your most enjoyable day at work EVER ! Give it to 'em LARGE !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amazing goings-on. A truly historic Test Match.

Watching those TV highlights, never have advert breaks been more unwelcome.

Ben Stokes is beyond doubt an English legend now. I think I'll have a listen to Leo Sayer's "One Man Band".

Colesman Ballz

Amazing goings-on. A truly historic Test Match.

Watching those TV highlights, never have advert breaks been more unwelcome.

Ben Stokes is beyond doubt an English legend now. I think I'll have a listen to Leo Sayer's "One Man Band".
He couldn't have done it without Jack Leach !

Avening Posse

Should be your most enjoyable day at work EVER ! Give it to 'em LARGE !
Leaving for work in 45 mins :devilish:

Alistair20000

What a bleddy fantastic day in sun drenched Leeds (y) If our hotel had been booked with cancellation refund terms we would probably have stayed in Devon yesterday. All the way up on the train we were hoping the game would go into day 4. Great work from Root, Denly and Stokes last night to build the platform. Saw some Strines in the lift in the hotel this morning and told them to prepare for a 2 wicket defeat. Too many soft dismissals today especially after lunch but Ben Stokes was a bleddy marvel. A quite superb innings of defence and then that assault in the last hour that won the game. Could not keep up with it. Massive credit to Jack Leach for supporting Stokesie when others had failed. If that is not the most important 1 not out in the history of Test cricket it is hard to think what is. He can drink and dine out on that for years. Dropped catch and bungled run out helped us and a dopey review by the Strines meant they could not challenge the Stokes LBW shout that might have been out. Have not had a chance to see it again. Hoping to see those Strines in the lift from this morning at breakfast to gently take the pi*s

Quite simply the best day of cricket I have ever seen and great to have been part of a patriotic but sporting crowd that got right behind our boys.

With the City and Somerset wins last night it has been a brilliant weekend.

IndoMike

You witnessed a special moment in cricket history, Ali. Soak it all up : "I was there".

Banksy

Blimey what a turn up , brilliant stuff Stokes! At least all this has added a bit of excitement to the mix and we have something to play for now.

IndoMike

My new England line-up
Burns
Pope
Stokes
Root
Roy
Bairstow
Curran
Leach
Broad
Archer
Anderson (if genuinely fit)

Time for Denly and Buttler to take time out.