• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stokes WILL do even without some middle order still with him.
Edited for factuals - sorry Geoff.

What a fantastic finish. One of the greatest, most nail-bitingest ever! Up there with Botham in 81?? What is it about Headingley that produces such games (albeit once in a generation!)

Rosencrantz

That's amazing! Rivals the Botham test. Aussies will have nightmares about that run out chance and burning their review on a ridiculous lbw.

IndoMike

Sir Ben Stokes.
I've heard it all.
Unbelievable... I'm almost in tears

IndoMike

What an innings by Stokes! Jesus Christ!!

geoffwp

Well that was just out of this world. I take my cap off to Alistair who said Stokes could be the Botham in a 1981 Headingly innings and he was so right. Indo as well when he said Leach was a reliable watchman when I doubted it. Consequently I resign my position as a selector :LOL:

grecIAN Harris

That's amazing! Rivals the Botham test. Aussies will have nightmares about that run out chance and burning their review on a ridiculous lbw.
Don't forget the dropped catch by our namesake Harris. Three very good chances wrap up The Ashes. Good ol' Aussie.

Grecian2K

YOUR namesake Ian.
I have no doubt that your old pal CREDY (where is he now, btw) would have pouched it like Skippy on steroids!

Rosencrantz

Don't forget the dropped catch by our namesake Harris. Three very good chances wrap up The Ashes. Good ol' Aussie.
Difficult chance, harder than Simon Jones in 2005 for example. Run out though...Lyons the new Tufnell 😂

Surely umpire Joel won't be on the field for either of the last two tests though.

grecIAN Harris

YOUR namesake Ian.
I have no doubt that your old pal CREDY (where is he now, btw) would have pouched it like Skippy on steroids!
No, OUR namesake. Rosiepants knows what I'm saying.

Rosencrantz

No, OUR namesake. Rosiepants knows what I'm saying.
You can choose your friends...😉