• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find this post very irritating, not from its sentiment, but purely because it got through the swear filter, whereas when I post about the legendary City Keeper **** Pym, I am pulled up for foul play !
Yeah life’s a bit*h innit Mr Ballz. I thought I would need a * to get it through. Fortunately the swear filter recognises that Warner is a ******** even if it rules out the female dog word. Bizarre.

IndoMike

If the weather forecast is correct, looks like a draw is the only outcome.
PS. Please hire Boycott and Cook as batting coaches before it's too late.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the weather forecast is correct, looks like a draw is the only outcome.
I wouldn't say that, it may be the likely outcome however this game can be won by either side despite the weather. They could get half a day in today and the forecast for Saturday and Sunday is decent. Both batting line ups are fragile and either could be rolled over in 40 - 60 overs.

Anything can happen.

We need Archer to rip through them this morning.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't say that, it may be the likely outcome however this game can be won by either side despite the weather. They could get half a day in today and the forecast for Saturday and Sunday is decent. Both batting line ups are fragile and either could be rolled over in 40 - 60 overs.
Yes, I'm afraid our batters could easily run into trouble again in the second innings. Especially at Lord's.

IndoMike

Anything can happen.

We need Archer to rip through them this morning.
Yes. Anything can happen. But the weather forecast is not great so it looks like a draw. At the moment I'd settle for that. Can't imagine we could come back from 2 Tests down. Can't see us winning this one.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bancroft out. 60 for 2. Smith due in next.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
60/3 now.

Watch Australia recover to 450 all out.

IndoMike

Bancroft out. 60 for 2. Smith due in next.
(....Hides behind sofa for 6 hours)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smith next to go? :)

IndoMike

Smith next to go? :)
That would be nice