• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

huxwar

burns (will be given a bit more time)
Roy (will be given a chance, I’m not 100% convinced)
Denly (will be given a bit more time)
Root (it’s where he wants to bat)
Buttler
Stokes
Bairstow
Archer
Broad or woakes (depending on conditions)
Leach (best spin option, rashid not in frame, Ali dreadful form)
Anderson

But if England were brave and changed No.3 to buttler it opens up a few different options

Burns or Denly
Roy
Buttler(has worked out test cricket and plays situations the right way at right time)
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Curran(can hold a bat and gives left arm option) or woakes or Roy(if you want denly to open and bat Roy in middle order. This flex at 8 gives all options at toss)
Archer
Leach
Broad
Anderson

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ireland 207.

One over for England to negotiate, and Jack Leach obliges.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strangely, in spite of this morning's fiasco, we could still win this game.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
20 wickets in the day. Pitch inspectors needed ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
20 wickets in the day. Pitch inspectors needed ?
Batting inspectors may be more appropriate.

Bairstow needs to take a very long hard look at himself, he's got too used to flat tracks where the ball barely moves, when there is a bit of nibble he is absolutely clueless, he isn't the only one either, the number of times he has been bowled through the gate playing the same shot is ridiculous, Moeen Ali is the same and WTF is Denly doing in an England shirt ??? I don't follow county cricket like I used to but is he really one of the best English batsman currently playing the game ?

Alistair20000

Batting inspectors may be more appropriate.

Bairstow needs to take a very long hard look at himself, he's got too used to flat tracks where the ball barely moves, when there is a bit of nibble he is absolutely clueless, he isn't the only one either, the number of times he has been bowled through the gate playing the same shot is ridiculous, Moeen Ali is the same and WTF is Denly doing in an England shirt ???
Must admit I did not see any of it. The trouble is the white ball hardly moves about so these guys who look so good in the 50 over gig struggle with the red ball.

IndoMike

Stark will take three wickets before you can blink. Our top four batsmen are far too shaky. Have to hope Roy can adapt to Test cricket, but even so.

Colesman Ballz

Well England seem to have accidentally stumbled across a potential new opening batsman, to plug the gap. Well done Jack Leach who reaches 60 not out at lunch ! Go on bauy, show those namby pambies at the top of the order how it should be done !

Alistair20000

Well England seem to have accidentally stumbled across a potential new opening batsman, to plug the gap. Well done Jack Leach who reaches 60 not out at lunch ! Go on bauy, show those namby pambies at the top of the order how it should be done !
I had just checked out the lunch score so you have beaten me to it :)

Only the one wicket today and scores level.

Colesman Ballz

Leach has passed his previous Ist Class innings best of 66 runs and is now 85 no. Coincidently equalling the entire teams first innings total ! Roy meanwhile departs on 72 after gifting his wicket away.