• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Editing function

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seconded !

IndoMike

Seconded !
Yesterday I posted a long missive and then tried to edit cos I farked up. I clicked edit, whereupon the edit window appeared without the original text. Returned to original post which had also disappeared. I wasted 20 minutes time on that. Very much appreciate the opportunities that Exeweb gives us to comment and think the website is fab, but not being able to edit a post can leave us in embarrassing situations. Please dear Exeweb hierarchy sort this problem out. The Chinese have just landed on the far side of the moon ; surely someone with IT skills can solve this
irritating glitch.
Lots of love x
Mike

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Fix this!!!!
Nope. Extending the Edixit Art 50 process. It's the will of the owners.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Right all, I am fully aware that this is a real issue, as are Hants, Lez etc.

We have the new vBulletin license, but unfortunately our "techie" has turned into Lord Lucan. We have discussed a way out of this, but it means quite a lot of outlay. This is now not only for a second license, but also for the cost of the "hired" techie we'll need to do this for us.

Of course... if anyone knows of a person who might like to donate their tech help (and time) we are all ears (and an invite next time we sponsor the matchball, for all those that help).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Copy and paste the post and then edit.
This is the work around. If you find you can't edit, cancel Copy the post, go back to edit the post and paste, make your changes and then save.

ExeterCityLad

This is the work around. If you find you can't edit, cancel Copy the post, go back to edit the post and paste, make your changes and then save.
That's all well and good unless you're quoting a reply or heaven forbid, multiple replies

Grecian2K

For once I'm in agreement with EDLaddie here!!!

Definitely an annoyance, although EW is not the only site suddenly hamstrung with new, draconian "edit" blockades.

At least in the olden days one could mis-type in haste but then repine at leisure.

PS: Bit harsh there Spankers old bean. I know Hants and Lez can be a tad annoying at times I would never, ever quite have called them a "real issue". ;0

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I know Hants and Lez can be a tad annoying at times I would never, ever quite have called them a "real issue". ;0
Good spot! :D

At least they know I'd tell them to their faces if I actually thought that rather than making the mandatory typo. (rofl)