• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Newport Attendance

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd only be guessing as on a matchday I'm selling from the ticket booth and would have to look at the more detailed match breakdowns to be able to answer - normally not part of my job.
Someone on the gates committee would be better placed to answer.

I remember years ago against Grays Athletic we were totally gobsmacked at the volume of matchday sales - a bumper crowd that day which wasn't predicted from pre-match sales.
Hard to tell if this is one of those matches where advance sales are the big indicator because of planned family Christmases or whether it will grow much bigger on the day due to the 'vibe'. Weather will be a factor too and it is forecast to be grey and wet on the day which may suppress the numbers.

The 3pm kick-off is new for boxing day - it's been an early kick off in previous years so it will be a post lunch crowd rather than a pre-lunch one.

IndoMike

I'd only be guessing as on a matchday I'm selling from the ticket booth and would have to look at the more detailed match breakdowns to be able to answer - normally not part of my job.
Someone on the gates committee would be better placed to answer.

I remember years ago against Grays Athletic we were totally gobsmacked at the volume of matchday sales - a bumper crowd that day which wasn't predicted from pre-match sales.
Hard to tell if this is one of those matches where advance sales are the big indicator because of planned family Christmases or whether it will grow much bigger on the day due to the 'vibe'. Weather will be a factor too and it is forecast to be grey and wet on the day which may suppress the numbers.

The 3pm kick-off is new for boxing day - it's been an early kick off in previous years so it will be a post lunch crowd rather than a pre-lunch one.
A long time ago if my memory serves me correctly the Boxing Day matches were around 11 a.m..
So attendance could be anywhere between 5k - 6.5k (more or less) depending on weather, dads sleeping in armchair after lunch et al). Quite a range.
Anyway, 5k is enough to make the ground look pretty full and provide a good atmosphere.
So here's hoping that the weather is kind
and that City are on the ball from the first minute and gain those valuable 3 points.
Thanks for all the info, Spoonz

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big factor in terms of crowd size is how many will be on the Big Bank. Lots of places available there at the moment so it would need a big pay on the day crowd to boost numbers to 6,000 plus.

The seats have sold really well - there is a noticable factor of supporters bringing family and friends - buying several tickets per order.
The Plymouth game had sold out both seats and the Big Bank before the match - not so this one.
We had almost 6K for Yeovil last Boxing Day, with just under 600 away. I'd expect similar on Thursday. maybe a bit less but over the 5600 needed to take the average to 5K.

IndoMike

Sorry Mike I have no idea. I just know that when there is big walk up crowd the queue can quickly stretch back out of Stadium Way and it's the last 15 minutes when the pay on the gate people often turn up. Hence me advising people without a ticket to arrive early.
Thanks, Exhausted. Yep, don't get there late : you might miss some City goals!

exeter-loyal

We had almost 6K for Yeovil last Boxing Day, with just under 600 away. I'd expect similar on Thursday. maybe a bit less but over the 5600 needed to take the average to 5K.
Great average that. Keep winning and that will keep improving!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So just under 6k today then - can we keep the attendance above 5k for the season?

GJW

Most of the home games that we have left are against smaller clubs with the exception of Bradford. Only staying in the top 3 will keep crowds near the 5k mark. Expect to see a 6k+ for the Bradford game.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not too far away - 5447 home and 521 away for 5,968. Average now 5,032.

However other than Bradford most of the away teams in the second half of the season are not noted for strong followings so it's going to be hard to keep this up, especially with Crewe now a midweek game and Oldham and Scunthorpe also Tuesday nights.

Red Devon

Possibility of getting over 5k against Carlisle all being well.

GJW

Possibility of getting over 5k against Carlisle all being well.
Depends where we are I suppose. Could be a big one if there is something to play for.