• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is goalkeeper Felix Norman not on a contract? Or still an Academy player?
Not signed as a pro,so I am assuming he is second year scholar i.e aged 17 at present

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Signing incoming at 4.30 according to ECFC’s Twitter feed [G]

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jimmy Oates, I reckon.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expecting it to be Lee Martin. If not surely it will be Oates.

andrew p long

A few points:-

Last summer we lost Watkins,Wheeler,Grant,Stacey and Ampadu. That's the front three at Wembley plus the scorer of our semi final winner. Arguably that's more talent lost than this summer. Somehow we managed to replace them and, amazingly, finished two places higher with a near record points tally.

The starting eleven this season and indeed the bench looks fine and as good as many teams in this division. But after that its Archie Collins and then the first year pros...

Many players who have left between them played very little. But Lloyd James contribution is underrated; he played in 50 games in aside that finished fourth.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few points:-

Last summer we lost Watkins,Wheeler,Grant,Stacey and Ampadu. That's the front three at Wembley plus the scorer of our semi final winner. Arguably that's more talent lost than this summer. Somehow we managed to replace them and, amazingly, finished two places higher with a near record points tally.

The starting eleven this season and indeed the bench looks fine and as good as many teams in this division. But after that its Archie Collins and then the first year pros...

Many players who have left between them played very little. But Lloyd James contribution is underrated; he played in 50 games in aside that finished fourth.
You make a good point. Most sides that lose their two top scorers from a very successful season don’t often pick up more points the following season, so we did extremely well to get over that. Tisdale decided to play more direct and the Stockley signing was key.

I know that JMT and particularly Storey are big losses but other than that I’m very happy with the squad, plus there’s more new faces still to join. The real issue for me is that the players fully settle into the system MT wants to play, which may well take time but I think we’ll do pretty well and have the potential to go up.

Joshyd123

I'm so excited for the 4.30 announcement. So excited.

Temporarily Exiled

Sorry TE but I have to agree with Billy boy here. Are the vast majority of the departees such a huge loss from the payroll?
I think maybe my post gave off the wrong impression. I don't think we should re-sign any of the players we released (although I wouldn't mind TAH coming back in for one more season) – I'm saying that they haven't been replaced... And we're now 11 days from the season opener, and about two weeks from the transfer window closing.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jimmy Oates, I reckon.
Glad to get another defender on board but was hoping for a different name as we knew he'd be signing....

SageoftheAxe

I have heard that Stockley has been training with Coventry today from a local source. Can someone PLEASE reassure me I am being wound up and he has been at C&F today..