• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm developing a man-crush on King Matt. He's a top man.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where can i find these words from MT?
The Official Site has loads of information about Exeter City FC. :)

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/

Topsham Boy

27 in total but our realistic first team squad is 15-18. You’re correct in relation to strength in depth, we’re still missing 2/3 quality additions

Agree...it's a long old season...we're bound to get injuries......so a minimum of 3 for me. They HAVE to be quality though and preferably long term not loan signings. In fairness, I don't get the feeling MT will be mugged off with any makeweights.

From what I heard MT said that he was looking at bringing in quality over quantity this summer with 2 Center Backs, 2 or 3 strikers and a couple midfielders coming in with 4/5 permanent signings and a few loans on top. Midfield wise that has probably changed with James going but to my mind that leaves 1 more Center Back, maybe another 2 midfielders on top of Law and possibly a 'wide' attacker/winger to come in.

Personally I am delighted with the signings he has made so far to complement what we already have. Forte has a decent scoring record and looks like he would complement Stockley well whilst he also has a very good scoring record off the bench last season so if the powerful left footed Abrahams ends up being Stockley's regular partner then Forte can still make a real impact for us off the bench. Martin if he stays fit should be a good partner for Brown in the middle of defence giving us good height back there too. Law looks to be a class act at this level in midfield and gives us flexibility as he is able to play in four or five different positions depending on how Taylor sets up although he has already said that he will mainly play with 2 up front so it depends on how attacking Taylor is going to go. :)

Basically without a ball being kicked in anger so far I am 1000% convinced that Taylor is going to do a very good job for us and everything the man has done and said has been impressive so far.

dontpassback

what a refreshing change to hear a no nonsense approach from our manager,no gobbledygook babble,just plain and simple how it is,I hope matt does well with us and if his approach to everything city is anything to go by,we have made a good choice of manager UTC!

chunkymorrinmunter

what a refreshing change to hear a no nonsense approach from our manager,no gobbledygook babble,just plain and simple how it is,I hope matt does well with us and if his approach to everything city is anything to go by,we have made a good choice of manager UTC!
Spot on post,and just a bit of humour as well,connects well with supporter's,let's hope things go well,

Gordon Dale

Absolutely agree with the sentiments being expressed by so many posters. Such a contrast to his predecessor . It was the reason I signed up for a season ticket the very w/e MT's appointment was announced. It would be interesting to learn how the season ticket sales for 2018/19 compare with the previous year . Anyone privy to such information?

Exehausted

Absolutely agree with the sentiments being expressed by so many posters. Such a contrast to his predecessor . It was the reason I signed up for a season ticket the very w/e MT's appointment was announced. It would be interesting to learn how the season ticket sales for 2018/19 compare with the previous year . Anyone privy to such information?
Yes. Apparently we are just in front of last seasons total already. At least another 200 tickets are expected. I did think there would be a spike after Tis went and the early bird offer was extended but that didn't happen from what I was told.

eurogrecian

1,308 sold last season and various posters have said we've exceeded that now.

The Club worked very hard with their sales pitch and obviously freezing the super saver prices helped, together with the fact that we'll shortly have a 'complete' stadium again.

I suspect that the anti-Tisdale boost was very limited. Last season's home form was terrific.

Apart from the Clubs where it is difficult to get a seat at all, season ticket sales have fallen across the board as people seek more flexibility in their lives, so the Club have done well to hold our numbers up next season.

Temporarily Exiled

I'd imagine the Main Stand selling out pushed a few to get a season ticket, too. Maybe those people won't be attending mid-week games, but they know they'll have a seat for every Saturday march (instead of potentially missing out).