• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dyer and Smerdon join Tiverton on a 6-month loan

Jammers20

Just seen on Tivvy's Facebook page. Personally I don't see the point in that, thought they both could be around the 1st team squad. But best of luck to them both

budegrecian

I would have thought we'd have wanted Smerdon, in particular, to play at a higher standard than this.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Confused about Smerdon's deal too. Hopefully he's a stand out for Tivvy and comes back in January to push towards the first team.

IndoMike

I would have thought we'd have wanted Smerdon, in particular, to play at a higher standard than this.
I share your opinion. I thought he was more or less ready for the first team. I guess Matt thinks he needs toughening up a bit.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor said the intention was to loan Smerdon out initially, but I did expect him to end up at someone like Bath City, especially as he played NLS last season.

He should be a cut above at Tivvy’s level.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he was more or less ready for the first team.
Why ?

He's 18 and he's been playing for Gloucester City.

I can see the reasoning behind the move, Tiverton is very local, he will train with our first team daily whilst getting game time for Tivvy, I think both will help his progression.

He's been signed as a development player.

IndoMike

Why ?

He's 18 and he's been playing for Gloucester City.

I can see the reasoning behind the move, Tiverton is very local, he will train with our first team daily whilst getting game time for Tivvy, I think both will help his progression.

He's been signed as a development player.
Oh. I thought he was a bit special and ready to go. My misunderstanding

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprised Smerdon's gone on loan, but a bit surprised he's gone to a team below where he was apparently excelling last season. I had imagined he'd go somewhere like Torquay.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt he would walk into the Torquay first team squad let alone their first eleven, we want him playing games, hopefully Tiverton have promised us that.

Also a club like Torquay would want him training with them full time, i.e. he wouldn't get coaching from our staff, not what we want imho.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprised Smerdon's gone on loan, but a bit surprised he's gone to a team below where he was apparently excelling last season. I had imagined he'd go somewhere like Torquay.
The plan may well be for him to go somewhere higher up the pyramid than Tiverton later in the season.