• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doncaster Rovers A.F.C. v Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

Another much fuller video of the action (from a Donny perspective). Jolly good, I'd say (except for his "unhappy" ending - how very dare he miss Ollie & Liam's clincher?).

One question though. Why would anyone wear a Gooner's shirt to a Doncaster v Exeter game??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgikBUoIqmw

He says partway through that the stewards told him to stop filming as it was illegal - so he did.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I like this photo, plenty in it!

Legohead

Banned
Just wondered if anyone can help me with the exact lyrics to that song everyone was singing yesterday along to the drum. Something about "all the way we go" and ends with something like "city and me" although unsure. Tried to decipher it yesterday but couldn't make head nor tail of it! Would like to be able to belt it out with the rest instead of mumbling like Mr Bean. It's a cracking song with a great rhythm and it really reverberates once it gets going. Cheers.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just wondered if anyone can help me with the exact lyrics to that song everyone was singing yesterday along to the drum. Something about "all the way we go" and ends with something like "city and me" although unsure. Tried to decipher it yesterday but couldn't make head nor tail of it! Would like to be able to belt it out with the rest instead of mumbling like Mr Bean. It's a cracking song with a great rhythm and it really reverberates once it gets going. Cheers.
Is that the one that starts "we're on our way"?

Legohead

Banned
Is that the one that starts "we're on our way"?
Could be lammie. Can you type it in? I should definitely know once I've seen it written down.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Could be lammie. Can you type it in? I should definitely know once I've seen it written down.
check your mail Lego

PeteUSA

Lammie, did you delete one of my posts singing your co-commentary praises? Where I said you should do it on your own, seriously.

Legohead

Banned
check your mail Lego
That's the one Ramone thanks pal. The Stanno one.

I'm a relatively new fan and although i am aware of the tragic circumstances about Stanno i didn't know there was a song about him. I do now and it's perhaps fitting that the Grecian fans particularly put their heart and soul into knocking this one out when they do so. It certainly feels that way from a 'newbie' perspective.

LammieLammieLammie

Lammie, did you delete one of my posts singing your co-commentary praises? Where I said you should do it on your own, seriously.
You're very kind mate, but it would be a disaster. I really don't know enough about opposition teams and players. I know commentators put themselves up for criticism by virtue of what they do, but the prep that all of them do, and the hours they put in to each game is nothing short of phenomenal.

LammieLammieLammie

That's the only bit I know mate!