• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dirtiest Team Seen at the Park

budegrecian

Apologies if this has already the subject of a thread, however I have just been looking at the thread about the shortest player to have appeared for City.
LLL mentions Nicky Jennings & for some reason whenever I think of him I always remember the game v Halifax Town, then managed by Alan Ball Snr, I think.
Their defence simply took turns in hacking him down, with no attempt whatesoever to play the ball.
For me, they are the dirtiest team I have seen at the park. What is the dirtiest side you have seen ?

newburygrecian

Accy, the year they got promoted.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
:D When I saw the title of the thread , I was going to post about that Halifax side!

They finished the game with 9, in an era when you had to decapitate someone to get even a yellow.

I remember Chris Fears commentary vividly... finished 2-0 iirc..

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any team that came to the Park in the 70s!

Poultice

Any team that came to the Park in the 70s!
It was a man's game in them days.

Oldsmobile-88

:D When I saw the title of the thread , I was going to post about that Halifax side!

They finished the game with 9, in an era when you had to decapitate someone to get even a yellow.

I remember Chris Fears commentary vividly... finished 2-0 iirc..
Indeed..My thoughts entirely...As you say it was unusual to see a dismissal in those days,so 2 in a game was rare...

I seeem to recall a 1-0 win with Alan Beer scoring..I have not got my Rothmans at hand,..

Grecian2K

Pl*muff Argiggle.

Just the thought, let alone the sight, of them makes me feel positively soiled.

budegrecian

Indeed..My thoughts entirely...As you say it was unusual to see a dismissal in those days,so 2 in a game was rare...

I seeem to recall a 1-0 win with Alan Beer scoring..I have not got my Rothmans at hand,..
I'm with LLL, on this. My memory, for what it's worth, was that we won 2 - 0. But I can't remember the scorers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was a man's game in them days.
Apart from some of the haircuts come the latter part of the decade.

JamieEcfc

Morecambe in League Two, or Millwall in League One