• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dirtiest Team Seen at the Park

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm with LLL, on this. My memory, for what it's worth, was that we won 2 - 0. But I can't remember the scorers.
26/2/77...1-0.Beer scoring..Att 5,995....A win that put the Grecians 6th in Division 4.

Jam Doughnut

Accy, the year they got promoted.
That tackle on chris todd was one of the worst i have ever seen , god knows how he walked away from that!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That tackle on chris todd was one of the worst i have ever seen , god knows how he walked away from that!
Indeed, complete and utter bottle job from the ref too. One of the clearer reds I have ever seen.

Not at the Park, but also in our Conference days Kidderminster were a right bunch of thugs in 06/07, sadly Ms Babycham totally failed to keep a lid on proceedings culminating in their manager assaulting Lee Elam.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Any side managed by Westley.

Oldsmobile-88

The one managed by John Cornforth at SJP.......That was a real indisiplined bunch.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The one managed by John Cornforth at SJP.......That was a real indisiplined bunch.
I always thought there that the issue was around our previous indiscipline under Blakey - it seemed to my (heavily biased) eye that opponents would get away with a lot more than we would. Admittedly I didn't see many games under Cornforth, but I never got the impression we were dirty or cynical, yet would end up with shedloads of bookings / reds.

andrew p long

Dirtiest player,breaking Stuart Hart's's leg, D*ck Renwick, (Brentford?)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Dirtiest player,breaking Stuart Hart's's leg, D*ck Renwick, (Brentford?)
Carl Griffiths of Leyton Orient walks off with that prize for me. Assaults Graeme Power, leading him to be stretchered off in a neck brace. Of course, the referee's decision? Red card? Quick phonecall to the police to have Griffiths arrested? Er, throw-in to Leyton Orient.

Griffiths then scores in front of the Big Bank, and pointedly celebrates in front of us. GRRRRRRRRR.

LammieLammieLammie

Always makes me wince. Shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkroixA8Jgc

grecian55

i don't know wether its just me but every visiting team that plays at the park seems to get away with murder whilst we put in one rash challenge and are dually punished , Goodison of Tranmere last saturday was a thug ,fortunately our football and finishing made him look what he was ,a slow ,long in the tooth mediocre excuse for a centre back .