• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did you know...

zider

Can you actually die of old age?
ya but it is not that common

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
ya but it is not that common
Surely something has to stop working though? Heart, lungs, brain etc?

Ian Mancey

Its still raining here!

Swanaldo

Surely something has to stop working though? Heart, lungs, brain etc?
Lack of oxygen (carried in the blood) to the brain is always the case of death, regardless of the proximate cause. That's what my dad told me anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Its still raining here!
Yep. My sons footie match has been postponed because of a very waterlogged pitch.

LOG

As the ice caps melt, the earth becomes lighter.

Because of this, the earth will gradually spin more and more quickly meaning shorter days and so we'll only have to work 20 hours a week by approximately 2050.

One positive to take from the whole climate change thing i suppose.

This is, by the way, a true story. Stephen Hawking told me.

Mrs Grecian

Did you know.....
that gravity is a myth, the earth sucks!

LOG

Did you know.....
that gravity is a myth, the earth sucks!
If i may just borrow jambo's chair from pedants corner for a moment...

Gravity isn't a myth as its the action of gravitational attraction between two or more objects. The earth has a greater gravitational attraction than the apple, so the apple is attracted to the earth rather than vice versa. It doesn't say that everything always falls downwards, it just so happens that as things are, thats what happens.

Presumably, if something came along with a greater gravitational attraction than the earth, then the apple would be attracted to that. More likely though that if that were the case, then we'd be dead and it would be like the old does a tree falling over in the forest that nobody hears make a sound saga.

Apples are a fickle lot. Jambo, have your chair back.

Antony Moxey

The town of Rugby is thus called because it is the only place in the world that makes rugby balls. Apparently there is a big factory there that takes up 98% of the town and employs 98% of the people who live within a ten mile radius.

Cricket St Thomas' name comes from the fact that it is the only place in the world to make cricket balls. The only indiginous species for a 30 mile radius of the centre of Cricket St Thomas are trees and cows.

Footballs are made in many different locations, hence there are no towns called Football.

Ian Mancey

Still Raining Here!