Did you know...

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
That on a windless day, to hit the crossbar from the edge of the centre circle, the ball has to be launced at an angle of 33.6degrees with a velocity of 54.6mph and NO spin. Check it out LLL
All depends on the length of the pitch, slope on the pitch and air resistance.

You could also chose other angles and different speeds.

Swanaldo

I've had a look into the Guinness thing. Apparently Guinness contains traces of most of the essential nutrients; Vit B12, Iron, Potassium - that sort of thing. Bananas would sort you out with most of the other Vitamins and sugars. The only thing you'd really miss would be calcium.

I can therefore suggest that if you start the day with a pint of milk and a couple of bananas, then get on the Paltrow, then a telegraph from Her Majesty is pretty much guaranteed.

Swanaldo

Surely something has to stop working though? Heart, lungs, brain etc?
Lack of oxygen (carried in the blood) to the brain is always the case of death, regardless of the proximate cause. That's what my dad told me anyway.

LOG

As the ice caps melt, the earth becomes lighter.

Because of this, the earth will gradually spin more and more quickly meaning shorter days and so we'll only have to work 20 hours a week by approximately 2050.

One positive to take from the whole climate change thing i suppose.

This is, by the way, a true story. Stephen Hawking told me.

LOG

Did you know.....
that gravity is a myth, the earth sucks!
If i may just borrow jambo's chair from pedants corner for a moment...

Gravity isn't a myth as its the action of gravitational attraction between two or more objects. The earth has a greater gravitational attraction than the apple, so the apple is attracted to the earth rather than vice versa. It doesn't say that everything always falls downwards, it just so happens that as things are, thats what happens.

Presumably, if something came along with a greater gravitational attraction than the earth, then the apple would be attracted to that. More likely though that if that were the case, then we'd be dead and it would be like the old does a tree falling over in the forest that nobody hears make a sound saga.

Apples are a fickle lot. Jambo, have your chair back.

Antony Moxey

The town of Rugby is thus called because it is the only place in the world that makes rugby balls. Apparently there is a big factory there that takes up 98% of the town and employs 98% of the people who live within a ten mile radius.

Cricket St Thomas' name comes from the fact that it is the only place in the world to make cricket balls. The only indiginous species for a 30 mile radius of the centre of Cricket St Thomas are trees and cows.

Footballs are made in many different locations, hence there are no towns called Football.