• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Devon Bowl/St Luke's Cup 2018/19

budegrecian

OK - so who are Moyse and Clements? I don’t recognise those names. Other wise full of the over 18 professionals.

( is it good news for tomorrow that Jack Sparkes isn’t playing tonight?)
Alex Moyse plays for the U18's, I believe.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations all concerned (y)(y)

budegrecian

Clements on trial from Bournemouth I think
18 year old forward by the looks of it.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done everyone!(cake)

fred binneys head

Well done City, silverware!

Cygnus

Alex Moyse is a under 16’s player, who has often played for the under 18’s this season. He has worked his way up the age groups in the academy and will be on a full time schollership from next season. I believe he is a defensive midfielder and he must be well regarded by the club to play him tonight for the U23’s.

Hopefully he will become a future first team player and the next player from the academy that we sell on a substantial transfer fee.

andrew p long

Loving these commentators.
Proper football and commentary. Particularly liked the message read out from Alex Moyse’s mum, confirming that he is an under 16 at City and how proud she is. Closely followed by the message from his grandad. Commentators worked really hard to get as much information as possible.

And the opposition record over the last 23 games was P23 W20 D3 L0. A really good test for our young professionals and a really good win.

Antony Moxey

Yeah, good effort by those youngsters Hamon, Croll and Martin. Was nice to be able to watch a live feed of the game last night - the second goal was a peach of a move - but it was hard to watch at times, literally, with the camera work all over the place. But from what I did see (not hear, I had the sound turned off) it was a very scrappy first half and much better second. I guess fitness told in the end but we’ll done all round.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex Moyse is a under 16’s player, who has often played for the under 18’s this season. He has worked his way up the age groups in the academy and will be on a full time schollership from next season. I believe he is a defensive midfielder and he must be well regarded by the club to play him tonight for the U23’s.

Hopefully he will become a future first team player and the next player from the academy that we sell on a substantial transfer fee.
Thanks for the details on Alex Moyse. Like most people it seems I hadn't heard of him before but it sounds like another youngster to add to the list of players to look out for. However, while I hope he makes it to the first team I also hope that he is not the next player we receive a transfer fee for, as apart from Archie Collins who is already in the first team, there os a queue of players ahead of Alex waiting for their opportunity and I would have thought that at least some of them will do well and end up being sold on.

IndoMike

Thanks for the details on Alex Moyse. Like most people it seems I hadn't heard of him before but it sounds like another youngster to add to the list of players to look out for. However, while I hope he makes it to the first team I also hope that he is not the next player we receive a transfer fee for, as apart from Archie Collins who is already in the first team, there os a queue of players ahead of Alex waiting for their opportunity and I would have thought that at least some of them will do well and end up being sold on.
Unfortunately if they're really good they'll get nicked..