• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Devon Bowl/St Luke's Cup 2018/19

citizen

This is why I love and hate games against local opposition in equal measure. I love it because it forges links with the wider community and gives something to the local crowd plus it gives ‘lesser’ players the chance to pit themselves against professional opposition.

But I also hate because there’s always at least one meathead knuckle dragging clogger who thinks he has a point to prove and wants to show the prima donnas a thing or two and bring them down a peg or two. For that alone I hope when the friendlies are announced we say f*** you to Exmouth, we’ll go somewhere where we’re appreciated not where your thugs think they’re there to teach us a lesson.

Such a shame.
So Antony ,
You are talking aload of tosh, but obviously you are entitled to your opinion
First of yes it was a stupid challenge for the sending off,in what was a proper game of football.
I can assure you the lad that was sent off was mortified about the challenge and the sending off.
Trust me he is not that sort of player.
As for telling the likes of Exmouth and lesser clubs to **** off you haven`t seen the good relationship the clubs have .
Town have been hosting plenty of City soccer schools and ran a few ticket deals for City fans.
Also there are plenty of Local City fans that watch both teams. Perhaps one day you leave your keyboard and support the Town you live in.
Oh yes I have a season ticket at City like many of my mates, as well as support my home town club.
Waiting for an abusive come back .
UTC UTT Citizen

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Antony ,
You are talking aload of tosh, but obviously you are entitled to your opinion
First of yes it was a stupid challenge for the sending off,in what was a proper game of football.
I can assure you the lad that was sent off was mortified about the challenge and the sending off.
Trust me he is not that sort of player.
As for telling the likes of Exmouth and lesser clubs to **** off you haven`t seen the good relationship the clubs have .
Town have been hosting plenty of City soccer schools and ran a few ticket deals for City fans.
Also there are plenty of Local City fans that watch both teams. Perhaps one day you leave your keyboard and support the Town you live in.
Oh yes I have a season ticket at City like many of my mates, as well as support my home town club.
Waiting for an abusive come back .
UTC UTT Citizen
Now, now, breathe deeply and calm down. It’s funny how after acts of thuggery we always hear how someone isn’t that type - well, they committed the foul, and if it was deliberate not accidental or mistimed then that’s exactly the type they are.

Regarding telling them to f*** off, if Exmouth are going to dish out rough stuff unnecessarily then yes, I’ll stand by that. Our players’ safety are more important than a few ticket deals and soccer schools. Not sure what the keyboard comment’s about, I have no interest in Exmouth Town whatsoever. I’m an Exeter City fan, always have been, always will be, they’re my home town club, I’m not supporting someone else just because it’s close to where I live. If you moved to Plymouth would you start supporting them?

So call it tosh if you like, s’up to you, but if clubs - any clubs - are going to try rough house tactics in low key games against our players I’d rather we didn’t play them again if that’s how they want to play. I’ve not seen it before when we’ve played at Exmouth so it’s probably a one off, but if it’s the path they’re going down then yes, I’d rather we said thanks but no thanks for future games.

citizen

Now, now, breathe deeply and calm down. It’s funny how after acts of thuggery we always hear how someone isn’t that type - well, they committed the foul, and if it was deliberate not accidental or mistimed then that’s exactly the type they are.

Regarding telling them to f*** off, if Exmouth are going to dish out rough stuff unnecessarily then yes, I’ll stand by that. Our players’ safety are more important than a few ticket deals and soccer schools. Not sure what the keyboard comment’s about, I have no interest in Exmouth Town whatsoever. I’m an Exeter City fan, always have been, always will be, they’re my home town club, I’m not supporting someone else just because it’s close to where I live. If you moved to Plymouth would you start supporting them?

So call it tosh if you like, s’up to you, but if clubs - any clubs - are going to try rough house tactics in low key games against our players I’d rather we didn’t play them again if that’s how they want to play. I’ve not seen it before when we’ve played at Exmouth so it’s probably a one off, but if it’s the path they’re going down then yes, I’d rather we said thanks but no thanks for future games.
Antony ,
Thanks for the breathing advice and I dont need to calm down ,but thanks for your concern.
As for the game I don`t think one act of frustration in a game you can really say there was rough stuff being dished out, it was dealt with.
I also standby my comments about the Town lad not being like that, i`ve seen him often enough.
It was a decent game and the best team won.
Citys youngster are probably the best footballing team i`ve seen at Town this season.

Citizen .

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

I don`t think one act of frustration in a game you can really say there was rough stuff being dished out, it was dealt with.
I also standby my comments about the Town lad not being like that, i`ve seen him often enough.
A city player is named further up the thread as complaining to the referee over the physicality of earlier challenges, then we have your ‘act of frustration’. Two yellow cards where an Exeter player thought they deserved more and a red for presumably violent conduct.

The club have suffered enough injuries this season without a couple of head bangers thinking they need to leave their mark - we just don’t need it and I’d hope Exmouth would realise if they wish to keep a good relationship with the club they’ll have a think about how they approach games against City in future.

citizen

Thank you for having the last word ,
I just cant believe that you really can think that players of Exmouth Town or the club has actually set out to rough up anyone at that game. its Just ridiculous.
The lad was sent off ,hes not a head banger ,he will be suspended.
Waiting for the next last word .
Citizen.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Waiting for the next last word .
Citizen.
I doubt that you will have to wait long, probably 8am or so ! :)

Antony Moxey

Do we know when and where the final is yet?

Spoonz Red E

It's supposed to be on April 30th at Coach Road Newton Abbot. I'm hoping common sense prevails and this will change as we have our Youth Alliance Cup final match against Wigan at SJP scheduled for the same day.

Antony Moxey

It's supposed to be on April 30th at Coach Road Newton Abbot. I'm hoping common sense prevails and this will change as we have our Youth Alliance Cup final match against Wigan at SJP scheduled for the same day.
Perhaps we’ll have to play the first team.

iscalad

Brett Huxtable as referee. (tmi)

Home Team
Plymouth Parkway 1st
Away Team
Exeter City FC 1st
Referee
Brett Huxtable
Assistant Referee 1
Bailey Walker
Assistant Referee 2