• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deano officially signs for Derby

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
All the best Deano. Your improvement as a footballer over the past two seasons has been a joy to watch. I hope you can continue it further up the leagues.

budegrecian

Well the good thing is that the Derby friendly should now recieve a definate welcome boost through the turnstiles!
It also gives us a chance to give him a proper send off.
It will be quite emotional to hear those 'Deanno Deanno' chants for the last time.

Yorkie

Damn.... i would have loved him to have said "sorry i cant leave City" But its a good move forward for Deano, and i am truly happy for him but so sorry to see him go. DEANO, DEANO THANKYOU[ecfc]

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
It also gives us a chance to give him a proper send off.
It will be quite emotional to hear those 'Deanno Deanno' chants for the last time.
Remember the "Scotty" chants at Crawley three years back....?
Certainly gave Saint Hiley a (hopefully pleasant but certainly unexpected) surprise that day as he ran out to defend the "away" end.

Newtonpop

Good luck, Deano. Thanks for all your effort's over the past season's, especially against Doncaster;) If you come on here perhaps you will call yourself "DerbyGrecian".

Anyway all the best and UTC!!

philexe

Great news for Deano, a true servant. Good luck

Red Lion

Deano will always be a City legend and I'd love to think he'll return to us later in his career.

Good luck Deano
I completely concur! All the best Deanno, I hope it's a stepping stone to even better things, either with Derby or someone bigger again.

I'm not sure how many years he's been on our books, but I would love to see him come back and clock up enough for his testimonial (obviously the other Mr. Moxey won't feel the same way!;) ).

On that subject, whatever happened about the testimonial Sir Scott was granted?

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck Deano. No grudges at all.

You were here for some of the worst times, and some of the best times City have ever seen. You are a massive reason why we're still here. Go make us proud and come back at some point!

Definately going to the Derby game now.

Last edited: