• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think only because he has been banned for it - had he simply earned a demerit point but not leading to a ban nothing would be said about it. That he has stacks of previous has counted against him this time, it takes a lot to earn four rebukes in two years.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think only because he has been banned for it - had he simply earned a demerit point but not leading to a ban nothing would be said about it. That he has stacks of previous has counted against him this time, it takes a lot to earn four rebukes in two years.
True

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Really harsh on Rabada......

Brilliant from Stokes and Pope - Pope is certainly in the Ian Bell mould.....Stokes is pure class now....

What’s going on with Butler ? He can’t seem to work test cricket out...Foakes has to come into contention for Sri Lanka....

Dom Bess with 2 important wickets (not sure I’ve ever told you I’ve got him out playing against Sidmouth) 😀

Alistair20000

Excellent day for England posting a score from where we ought not to lose and where SA have a mountain to climb to avoid defeat.

We know Ben Stokes is class so the real plus is the emergence (hopefully) of Ollie Pope as a proper test batsman.

Was that an inswinger or outswinger that got Dom Bess Creds ?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Olly Pope - class act
Strange how he and Roy will now swop places with Roy back at Surrey during Tests and Pope with England.

Buttler is lost. Aside from the Oval in September, he hasn't contributed at test level for eons. Bairstow is a better 7.

Still looks a dead track but 3 days to go. Bowl them out by lunch day 4, smack some quick runs then hopefully by lunch day 5 it is turning sideways

IndoMike

Excellent day for England posting a score from where we ought not to lose and where SA have a mountain to climb to avoid defeat.

We know Ben Stokes is class so the real plus is the emergence (hopefully) of Ollie Pope as a proper test batsman.

Not bragging (yes I am) but you probably don't remember that before the Ashes I stated categorically that Pope should be in the Test team. I also pushed for Curran.
and said Anderson has had his day. And I got pilloried for daring to suggest that Cooke should retire from international cricket, whereupon he did retire.
i expect to be knighted shortly for my services to English cricket.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

I can’t remember fella 😀 he would of probably been about 15-16 at the time....

IndoMike

Cor Blimey, Bess takes first 5 wickets. Where did that come from?

IndoMike

Have to break this partnership. 150-5. Last wicket fell 59 runs ago

Alistair20000

Last 4 SA first innings wickets blown away for just 1 run but rain holding us up. Restart imminent though.