• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure that these batsmen from the sub continent are proving a hit on late season wickets ? Hmmmm.
Babar Azam was doing alright. Bit difficult for someone to come in at this stage and hit the ground running I would think.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Instead of sweating over Somerset's progress today, I thought I would go out and about in the car, to keep my mind off cricket. What happens? I see a vehicle with reg. A88OTT. Just can't win.

P.S. That bleddy Dawson.

Alistair20000

Instead of sweating over Somerset's progress today, I thought I would go out and about in the car, to keep my mind off cricket. What happens? I see a vehicle with reg. A88OTT. Just can't win.

P.S. That bleddy Dawson.
Yep Les and Ronnie Barker fought back well. I saw bad light had stopped play and thought that would be it for the day. Just got back in and see it is still bad light but Davies has been removed.

Abbott so far 6-5-1-2. Quite remarkable.

First hour in the morning might be very tough for batting.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Met Office forecasting bright sunshine from the word go at Southampton tomorrow.

Alistair20000

Met Office forecasting bright sunshine from the word go at Southampton tomorrow.
Which is why I said the first hour will be crucial. Ball still new and 10.30 start. Batting should be easier after that.

Alistair20000

45-4 with Abell and Banton already nipped out. :(

Make that 49-5 as Hildreth departs.

Alistair20000

Essex now working their way through the Sorry batsmen. :(

Somerset now 6 down as Abbott gets a fivefer

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Our scorecard is beginning to look a little lopsided:

8, 5, 5, 0, 4, 2, 75no, 31no.

Colesman Ballz

Which is why I said the first hour will be crucial. Ball still new and 10.30 start. Batting should be easier after that.
Lo ! and so it came to pass ! 65-8 FFS, scrambling to 103-8 at lunch !

Colesman Ballz

142 all out, with Abbott taking 9 wickets, Hants will start their second innings in the glorious afternoon sunshine, not looking good for Somerset. Only crumb of comfort being Sorry starting to eat into the Essex top order at 53-3 with Cook and Westley accounted for.