• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2018

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
That shouldn’t haves for any bearing on him being in the side - his job is to score runs
Good fielding is always something for selectors to take into account.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the Business of Cricket event at Old Trafford, Somerset received an award (jointly with Hampshire) for the wickets at Taunton.

Yes, yes, all right, all right.............................it was for the one-day pitches!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben Stokes and Alex Hales will not face any England ban. Fines deemed sufficient.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ben Stokes and Alex Hales will not face any England ban. Fines deemed sufficient.
The original fines and match bans seem to stand but the bans have either been served or are suspended. Nasser Hussain thinks the ECB have got this right in the circumstances where they had limited options. I sense he would have preferred stronger punishments to send out the right message but no doubt m’ learned friends would then be on the scene. I think Nasser has got this right. Both Stokes and Hales can count themselves lucky.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Where Are They Now" features on the Somerset CCC website: bowlers Steffan Jones and the pacy, though somewhat wayward, Andre van Troost.

Alistair20000

My memories of P S Steffan Jones are entirely of his latter years. Mainly not selected and standing on the balcony with a pint of beer in his hand and not looking too fit. One of my friends saw him changing in the gym and confirmed the fitness issues :$

Good to see him making what looks like a good career post playing cricket mind.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always imagined him as a fitness fanatic! He also played rugby to a good standard.

Alistair20000

I always imagined him as a fitness fanatic! He also played rugby to a good standard.
Perhaps when my friend said "not a pretty sight" he was referring to summat other than PSJ's fitness. :$ :$

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Van Troost was so quick !! Remember watching him play at my local club (Sandford) and breaking a blokes foot with a Yorker....from side on he was sharp and the keeper was stood Miles back

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dale Steyn becomes SA's wicket-taking record-holder.