• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Leads

Yeah that's definitely a penalty but they should also have a had a red card in the first half for a shocking challenge on Williams. The ref was one of those League Two ones refereeing like it was 1985.
This is League Two, you are going to get League Two referees. This isn’t La Liga (thankfully).

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is League Two, you are going to get League Two referees. This isn’t La Liga (thankfully).
Luckily he's in the minority these days. Almost all refs in our League would have given that penalty. I've watched 75% of our games on iFollow over the last two and a half seasons and most of them give yellows when they should these days.

I really had been thinking I was watching Spanish football all this time though, so thanks for the heads up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most curious moment of yesterday for me was watching Sweeny clamber into a stand to rescue the ball, not because the stand was empty, but because Crawley fans nearby were too dozy in doing anything about it. Crawley fans should look at themselves before their team.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the first time Sweeney's been undercover

Oldsmobile-88

The said incident.
I’ve seen a lot softer challenges given & a couple of GBHs not given.
The old cliche they even themselves out springs to mind.
We have had fkcu all from Mr Kettle over the years.Nice that a he gave the Grecians the benefit of the doubt in his mind.
History now.The record will show 0-1.4AC5F7CF-B19F-47E6-9A90-CB2D7F5262EB.jpeg

PeteUSA

The said incident.
I’ve seen a lot softer challenges given & a couple of GBHs not given.
The old cliche they even themselves out springs to mind.
We have had fkcu all from Mr Kettle over the years.Nice that a he gave the Grecians the benefit of the doubt in his mind.
History now.The record will show 0-1.View attachment 1397

Excellent picture. It was an even more blatent penalty than I thought! Crawley have every right to be thouroughly piissed off!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent picture. It was an even more blatent penalty than I thought! Crawley have every right to be thouroughly piissed off!
Afternoon Pete,

What ruined your weekend more:

1) The pen that they didn't get

or

2) Maxted keeping a clean sheet ???

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Pete. How about our goal? How about the win and 3 points? How about the fact that it moves us to just outside autos? Come on pete. Lets hear some positives too.
Just in case our colon cousin missed this.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the time I thought it was a penalty and that we were lucky particularly as we then went up and scored. But looking at the slowed down highlight not so sure, I think it was a brilliant challenge, bearing in mind strikers will fall at the slightest of touches, but Seymour seems to get his his foot to the ball first and the Crawley player going down as he would, seen less than that them given and seen them not given. Over a season it all evens out!

With regards to the ref's performance not the perfect performance our US cousin would have us believe, should have started flahing the yellow a bit sooner as early doors this was the way Crawley were managing the game as well as defending in numbers as can be evidenced by the young chaps VLOG. Other than that I have seen worse refs particularly Leyton Orient this year, and he did let the game flow.

I can see why Crawley have scored so many this year some of their layoffs were really smooth and opened us up, if only they didn't have such a lazy forward as Ollie Palmer we could have seriously lost this one. I also liked their no. 28 Camara and wouldn't mind seeing him the famed red and white.

I thought Nigel A put in a good shift as did Randell. Bowman was missing in action for most of the match, and Seymour did inject some pace up front when he came on, I still think he is a work in progress and will be a good prospect with careful nurturing. Disappointment of the afternoon really was the lack of composure by almost everybody in front of goal. 22 shots and 4 on target but how many blocked, if we had showed a bit more composure we would have got more than the one we did. Miss of the day has to be Nicky Law I think he couldn't belive how much time and space he had but poor effort. Jack Sparkes belted his with youthful enthusiasm ove the bar. My MOM despite his kickings was between Sweeney and Williams.

chunkymorrinmunter

doesnt show seymour getting a toe to the ball tho