• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

WXF

Back 4 look solid and Sparkes was also a threat going forward. Williams was a constant threat, and with big Nige, my MoM.
I also thought Archie Collins had a satisfyingly good game and that the back four plus Collins and Atangana were, as might be expected, defensively strong (though of course it meant Law was pushed out left, which we know detracts from his game).

Most curious moment of yesterday for me was watching Sweeny clamber into a stand to rescue the ball, not because the stand was empty, but because Crawley fans nearby were too dozy in doing anything about it. Crawley fans should look at themselves before their team.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah that's definitely a penalty but they should also have a had a red card in the first half for a shocking challenge on Williams. The ref was one of those League Two ones refereeing like it was 1985.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Vlog courtesy of a young Crawley fan.

Arthur Davey

Nah, freeze-framed end of 0:03/start of 0:04, ball stuck right on end of Seymour’s boot, good enough for me. So Mr Bellamy is correct: the ref agreed. 👍🏼

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly played the ball before the man but you're not allowed to come through the back of a player even if you play the ball first. Not since about 1985 anyway.

Anyway, we are due one like that as people have said.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah that's definitely a penalty but they should also have a had a red card in the first half for a shocking challenge on Williams. The ref was one of those League Two ones refereeing like it was 1985.
I did wonder what Jake Taylor was thinking while watching some of those challenges which were considerably more robust than the sliding tackle that got him into trouble against Bradford. Overall though, especially given his reputation, I thought the referee was surprisingly good; he had good control of the players and was reasonably consistent in his decision-making.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent vlog from the young Crawley fan. Really sparing, fair and accurate use of words. A style that is worth copying.

Definite penalty. As Antman says, since about 1985 that is a penalty. In earlier decades if you got the ball first the subsequent/consequent bringing down of the opponent was treated as not intentional. Nowadays that will be given about 97 times in a hundred.

IndoMike

Don't know how official this is, but it would seem to exonerate Seymour.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
At the end of the day $hit happens we took 3 points and have had far softer given against us.
UTC.

IndoMike

At the end of the day $hit happens we took 3 points and have had far softer given against us.
UTC.
I can go with that...no point wringing our hands about a debatable stroke of luck