• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

exeter-loyal

Good opportunity for some fringe players to break into the first team. Particularly hoping Jack Sparkes performs well today and is given a chance in the league.
Yeah I can see him starting today.

tonykellowfan

Who is Sparkes going to replace in the first team though? Not Woody at LB who is safe as houses still despite his age. He isn't going to play instead of Williams who is probably the best player and most improving player on the pitch for us. Sparkes will only play this season through rotation or injury.

exeter-loyal

Who is Sparkes going to replace in the first team though? Not Woody at LB who is safe as houses still despite his age. He isn't going to play instead of Williams who is probably the best player and most improving player on the pitch for us. Sparkes will only play this season through rotation or injury.
After his pre season this year I would start Sparkes ahead of both Woodman and Moxey.
All though I do agree Woodman for his age is a safe player but legs wise and quickness and that extra drive I'd have Sparkes in there.

tonykellowfan

I think MT values the experience of Moxey and Woodman. We have a new keeper and a new CB (Parkes). He cannot make too many changes too fast.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woody won’t play every game and with Moxey back at centre-half, Sparkes appears to be the best option to replace him when he’s rested. If Sparkes plays well tonight I can see him playing at least some of the game against Oldham.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think MT values the experience of Moxey and Woodman. We have a new keeper and a new CB (Parkes). He cannot make too many changes too fast.
Swindon is a big game coming up with hopefully a 5k + crowd. It'll make Matt think. Matt knows that promotion is the goal, period.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think MT said last season that he couldn’t expect Woody to play three games a week.

tonykellowfan

This is an ideal game to rest Woodman and play Sparkes. But when it comes to Swindon on Saturday I bet Woodman plays.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Potentially ball 24 in tonight's draw

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never mind the kids, I say use the first team players and try to win this one. Love a cup run me.