• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

Corey

Never mind the kids, I say use the first team players and try to win this one. Love a cup run me.
Would rather a cup run in the FA cup though - significantly more prize money, doesn’t lead to as many midweek fixtures and is just more iconic overall

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would rather a cup run in the FA cup though - significantly more prize money, doesn’t lead to as many midweek fixtures and is just more iconic overall
By the mere fact of having a cup run once you reach round three in the FA Cup you start having to postpone saturday matches causing more midweek matches and even more if the first matches are drawn. I don't call two matches a run

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, there is no prize money in the Carabao Cup until the SF. The SF losers get 25k. The Cup winners get 100k : the losers get 50k.
Gate money divided 45% per team.
Nice work by Carabao getting such cheap sponsorship, or am I missing something?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, there is no prize money in the Carabao Cup until the SF. The SF losers get 25k. The Cup winners get 100k : the losers get 50k.
Gate money divided 45% per team.
Nice work by Carabao getting such cheap sponsorship, or am I missing something?

Indo I agree with you. I thought the whole idea of sponsorship was giving money to get your product noticed. On this basis the negotiators for the EFL have virtually given the competition away.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indo I agree with you. I thought the whole idea of sponsorship was giving money to get your product noticed. On this basis the negotiators for the EFL have virtually given the competition away.
You can understand why the big boys aren't too interested : 100k to win the bloody thing?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maybe they don't have the energy for anything more interesting.

exeter-loyal

How many fans will travel tonight, any ideas of how many tickets we sold?

GJW

I’m here🐏

exeter-loyal

I’m here🐏
You having a pre-match curry down small heath?

GJW

Not too sure where I am. Half way between Bearwood and Gay Village, according to Google maps. Not eating curry though.