Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

tonykellowfan

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next seas
Who is Sparkes going to replace in the first team though? Not Woody at LB who is safe as houses still despite his age. He isn't going to play instead of Williams who is probably the best player and most improving player on the pitch for us. Sparkes will only play this season through rotation or injury.

exeter-loyal

Who is Sparkes going to replace in the first team though? Not Woody at LB who is safe as houses still despite his age. He isn't going to play instead of Williams who is probably the best player and most improving player on the pitch for us. Sparkes will only play this season through rotation or injury.
After his pre season this year I would start Sparkes ahead of both Woodman and Moxey.
All though I do agree Woodman for his age is a safe player but legs wise and quickness and that extra drive I'd have Sparkes in there.

SEA Grecian

Woody won’t play every game and with Moxey back at centre-half, Sparkes appears to be the best option to replace him when he’s rested. If Sparkes plays well tonight I can see him playing at least some of the game against Oldham.

Billy The Fish

Never mind the kids, I say use the first team players and try to win this one. Love a cup run me.