• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United V's Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Sunday 29th December 2019

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Archie was brilliant today. And Taylor. Back three looked solid.

Their first goal was as bad as I’ve seen. How on earth was Seymour allowed to be marking Pell? He was a foot taller. Ridiculous.

Great game though. Thought we outplayed them for the majority. Very impressed with our squad.
What was ridiculous was his marking. His height is irrelevant.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite interesting that Colchester fans thought we were hard and physical as well as an experienced team, which is surprising considering the starting line up. But shows how good a squad we have

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thought Collins was taller than my Mrs last time I saw him walking into the ground and she is only 5'4" (Pell being 6'4") or did I just get whooshed into a Pym argument ?

sidney

On paper, we looked a little lightweight, but this result confirms that we have a stronger squad than previously. From this point onwards in the season, especially with heavier grounds, this will undoubtedly be a great benefit. At the moment, if we lose two or three first team players through injury of suspension, it doesn't seem to have much impact.
Other teams will not have our strength in depth.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I defy anyone to suggest that Maxted shouldnt have done better for their second. The ball through his legs, looking away when it mattered, then looking to blame somebody else FFS!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I defy anyone to suggest that Maxted shouldnt have done better for their second. The ball through his legs, looking away when it mattered, then looking to blame somebody else FFS!

This is a wind up surely?

crocks

I defy it. !!!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I defy it too

Spoonz Red E

I defy anyone to suggest that PeteUSA shouldnt have done better for their second. The ball through the lens, filming away when it mattered, then looking to see something else FFS!

suffolklad

Maybe it was my fault for not checking but to find that it was permits only at the car park and then be directed to a park and ride half a mile walk away was a pain. Missed the start but not the goal. Many thanks to the Colchester fan who gave directions and advice at the car park. good bunch.
Really good game and a draw a fair result. Thought we did well against a good side, who will be there at the end of the season.