• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Cricket 2018

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Walloped by Clyst St George last Saturday on a proper rain affected wicket From overnight rain and a wicket clearly not covered or cut the outfield had less grass than the strip...

The toss decided the and we lost it , first ball of the game flew off a length wrapping our opener on the arm before being given caught behind it was a classic uncovered wicket and they bowled us out for 150...obviously the wicket dried out during the afternoon and they knocked it off 4 down

It was border line dangerous my first ball I faced was a drive able length and it bounced and hit me on the shoulder one of the worse wickets I’ve played on

Alistair20000

Walloped by Clyst St George last Saturday on a proper rain affected wicket From overnight rain and a wicket clearly not covered or cut the outfield had less grass than the strip...

The toss decided the and we lost it , first ball of the game flew off a length wrapping our opener on the arm before being given caught behind it was a classic uncovered wicket and they bowled us out for 150...obviously the wicket dried out during the afternoon and they knocked it off 4 down

It was border line dangerous my first ball I faced was a drive able length and it bounced and hit me on the shoulder one of the worse wickets I’ve played on
Your team “short” again Creds ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Played the last 3 now....the bug is hard to give up....

Yesterday we played Upottery batted first it ****ed down we managed 204-8 off 40 overs , 5 lost to rain I managed a quick 34 batting at 6...before the rain returned at tea and we sat drinking Devon mist cider for the next 4 hours

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A fortnight ago was still in the 2s against table-topping Leatherhead. From being 10 the week before I was promoted somewhat, opening up. Sadly I managed to last just 8 balls (scampering a leg bye in the process) as we were bowled out for about 108, they knocked them off in 12 overs and we were done before 3pm.

Last week I was away, the 2s beat the bottom side in another low scoring encounter.

This week started well as I found myself picked for the 3s, a home game against oppo that I could easily have scored heavily against. Only to then get a text from the 2s skipper asking if I'd move up. Still at home, but against strong oppo again which could include a quick who almost earned a contract at Leicestershire a few seasons back.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting to read about that Minehead business, where a home player was denied the chance to complete a century when the bowler deliberately sent one down high, wide and handsome to concede the winning runs in extras.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Nipping in here quickly - turns out the "quick" has either slowed down or was a spinner all along - anyway he turned out not to be too much use to them, unlike the former Pakistan A player who had us 0/2 then 9/3. We recovered, however, partly thanks to our number 6 (ahem) holding down an end for his 33 while others gave it the long handle. The returning Pak A player did for me with a swinging yorker but we made 242.

In reply, and with me taking the gloves after about 7 overs, they were cruising but we got ourselves back into it, only for their last pair to see them home. Even then they needed one off the last ball and we fluffed a simple run out at the bowler's end which would have tied the match.

My knee flared up quite badly as a result of keeping, but my pleas to be rested and to umpire instead have fallen on deaf ears due to availability issues, so I'll be taking the field (after a fashion) at Camberley tomorrow.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
My knee flared up quite badly as a result of keeping, but my pleas to be rested and to umpire instead have fallen on deaf ears due to availability issues, so I'll be taking the field (after a fashion) at Camberley tomorrow.
I once explained to my captain that I'd "done" my Achilles tendon, and wouldn't be available that Sunday. I ended up playing anyway (we must have been short), batted with a runner, then imitated a statue at first slip. I recall we were bowled out for 68, but won by 21 runs!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out that while I hobbled around during our heavy 7 wicket defeat to promotion-chasing Camberley (and Shaun Udal's brother), one of our players was sat at home twiddling his thumbs as a result of being "banned" for the week - selected for the 1s, he turned down the place on the grounds he was the lift to the ground for a few of the 2s, so was withdrawn entirely. Er, yeah, cheers for that.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some very odd local cricket, under 19's apparently, some of the bowlers look about 12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8G-wRVfjs8

Alistair20000

Some very odd local cricket, under 19's apparently, some of the bowlers look about 12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8G-wRVfjs8
Some friendly looking bowling too with some juicy full to55es and long hops. Maybe I should not have retired. :)