• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Radio Devon really are a load of pillocks still saying we are down to second.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lee Martin has been scoring goals recently, he deserves to be playing.

Earlier you were saying you want Seymour and Fisher starting, now you want Jay to start, do you want to drop the entire team ?? We are top of the league FFS, get a grip and cut the players some slack.
He might deserve to be playing but he still isn't a striker and has no notion of working as a partner to Bowman and working around him. It is something that needs to be resolved up front and get a partnership up front not just two individuals up there. Today he should have been pulled of Seymour as soon as the third went in. To be honest I would have pulled Bowman off also as, like I said earlier in the game, his positioning was poor. The only time actually took up the right position he scored.
I still waiting to be convinced by Williams. He is definately one of those when it's not his day he might as well not be there. Apart from his long throws he offered nothing today.
Nicky Law was pretty anonymous today. Normally when things are going tits up he is the one you can rely on to be trying, if nothing else, to turn things around but there was little in him today.
On the positive side, that's the first time I've seen Richardson for any length and it does make you wonder why he's not starting when we're playing with wing backs.
Oh well, all good things and all that. On to the next one.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Things aren't perfect and they never will be however we currently have three out of the top twenty goal scorers in the league.

denzil

We were pretty awful today but Huxtable contributed significantly and it was not to our advantage. He doesn't keep up with play and the linos don't help him.
What do the Big bankers say - stonewall penalty ??

Grecian62

Stonewall to me
But
Linesman didn’t help either, he waited until the fat man in black made his decision then signalled a corner

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Huxtable is a joke spoilt what could have been a half decent game .

We weren't good but then neither would they have been without the added assistance of the terrible twosome of Fuxtable and the lino's

JJ red&white

Things aren't perfect and they never will be however we currently have three out of the top twenty goal scorers in the league.

Wasn’t one of those lee Martin goals an own goal?

Jam Doughnut

I will never go to a game if that attention seeking ,Exeter hating ref is in charge ever again...He ruined the game as he wanted all the attention on him! He couldn't wait to give grimsby the penalty and seemed to skip and jump in celebration when awarding it!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We were pretty awful today but Huxtable contributed significantly and it was not to our advantage. He doesn't keep up with play and the linos don't help him.
What do the Big bankers say - stonewall penalty ??
It was either a penalty or a goal kick and between them they gave a corner. It says it all

exeter-loyal

I will never go to a game if that attention seeking ,Exeter hating ref is in charge ever again...He ruined the game as he wanted all the attention on him! He couldn't wait to give grimsby the penalty and seemed to skip and jump in celebration when awarding it!
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone waited after the game to give him abuse, the whole big bank yet again was fuming with the c**t!

Yeah we weren't at our best today and Fairplay to Grimsby they set out well and have a good defence/keeper. Got to move on now and not f**k up at Crewe Saturday. Got to get something out of that and hope we stay top!