• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Grimsby predictions and Chat

GJW

So, tonight I had a chance to watch the game in full on ifollow. Only after seeing the game did I realise just how tough the opposition were, second to Swindon from what I have so far seen this season (apart from Coventry of course). They were a strong, powerful side that were on pretty much every one of our players in an instant, and not giving us a lot of time and space to do our stuff. Glad we got the early period of good play, the goal and a point out of it.
Anyway, tonight I was also reading the programme from our home game against Port Vale and the article about our 89/90 season. Almost exactly to the day 30 years ago we played Grimsby Town on 27th September 1989. We won 2-1. Goals from Rowbotham and Taylor. Loved the bit about Jordan Tillson’s Dad fouling Neville to give Rowbtham his scoring chance.
My prediction, therefore, will be a 2-1 win with goals from our very own Taylor (Jake) and Ryan Bowman (nearest match to Rowbotham). Att: 4895.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, tonight I had a chance to watch the game in full on ifollow. Only after seeing the game did I realise just how tough the opposition were, second to Swindon from what I have so far seen this season (apart from Coventry of course). They were a strong, powerful side that were on pretty much every one of our players in an instant, and not giving us a lot of time and space to do our stuff. Glad we got the early period of good play, the goal and a point out of it.
Anyway, tonight I was also reading the programme from our home game against Port Vale and the article about our 89/90 season. Almost exactly to the day 30 years ago we played Grimsby Town on 27th September 1989. We won 2-1. Goals from Rowbotham and Taylor. Loved the bit about Jordan Tillson’s Dad fouling Neville to give Rowbtham his scoring chance.
My prediction, therefore, will be a 2-1 win with goals from our very own Taylor (Jake) and Ryan Bowman (nearest match to Rowbotham). Att: 4895.
Didn't Tillson senior score their goal?

IndoMike

Think we'll beat Grimsby comfortably by 2 goals or more.4-1. Attendance 4, 200.

Oldsmobile-88

Didn't Tillson senior score their goal?
Mark Lever scored....

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's bound to be one poster on here gagging for a Grimsby win. Sorry Les I'm predicting this could be the match where it all clicks, after a full week of training. 3-1 Exeter 4538 attendance goals from Bowman Williams and Martin with Owen Goal getting theirs from a corner.

And at 5.00 we shall be top clear by 2 points extending our unbeaten run to 11 for the season 14 in total

I also predict that our US referee assessor and pert time goalkeeping coach will be moaning about the 'Homer' referee and lack of opportunities for Lewis Ward to make an ass of himself.

IndoMike

Grimsby playing Chelsea midweek, I believe. Might slow them down a bit come Saturday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It sure would be good to be still top of the league come 5pm on Saturday!

Rosencrantz

Mark Lever scored....
Ta, might still use the excuse to dig out the 89/90 dvd and watch those long interludes with Steve Neville.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sure would be good to be still top of the league come 5pm on Saturday!
Even better to be top 5 pm 25th April 2020;)

les.gtfc

Grimsby playing Chelsea midweek, I believe. Might slow them down a bit come Saturday.
Yeah, a total sell out by our fans of over 5000 so it should be a great atmosphere as I understand that they have sold out too!! I'm heading down tomorrow and staying at my brothers in Surrey then we're coming down for the game on Saturday and staying overnight. I won't make any forecasts as we've been rather unpredictable this season but hopefully it'll be a decent game and the best team on the day will win.

See you all Saturday.