City v FGR predictions, build up and chat.

Billy The Fish

Here we are at the business end of the season with a genuine "must win". All we can do is get three points and listen to the 2019 version of our transistor radios for results elsewhere.

FGR are in the play offs and a few days after this one will be playing the biggest games in their history so they will have more than one eye on their current injury situation and the players themselves won't want to pick up knocks (or cards) by flying into tackles.

An early goal from mom Law will precede 70 minutes of nervous tension but we'll hang on.

Come on you mighty Reds, we can do this.

Stelios

Slightly concerned how easy they found it against us at SJP. Mark Cooper seemed particularly cocky about how easy it was and how only a simple game plan was needed against us. We had an ineffectual Forte and Stockley partnership and Law on the left. This was near the beginning of our awful slump I think. We were a right rabble and FGR looked really organised.

Very different line up to now and shows how much change there has been in the team this season.

Hamon
Sweeney
A Martin
Croll
Moxey
Taylor
Tillson (Jay 54')
Law (Woodman 80')
L Martin
Forte (Abrahams 65')
Stockley

Reece Brown looked good for them. And they've got Doidge back now... But FGR haven't been too consistent either.

Should add, we lost 1-2 with a superb 40 yard screamer from A Martin as a late consolation ;)

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

“Should add, we lost 1-2 with a superb 40 yard screamer from A Martin as a late consolation” Ah yes it bounced once possibly twice in the penalty area before going over the line into the net.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should add, we lost 1-2 with a superb 40 yard screamer from A Martin as a late consolation ;)
I think you do Martin a disservice there sir. As it was from inside his own half, and out wide near the touch line, it was at least 60 yards ! ;)

Stelios

I think you do Martin a disservice there sir. As it was from inside his own half, and out wide near the touch line, it was at least 60 yards ! ;)
You're right. I'd just re-read the match report that said 40 yards but he was deffo in his own half :)

[video=youtube;Hk14sRD5dWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk14sRD5dWs[/video]

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're right. I'd just re-read the match report that said 40 yards but he was deffo in his own half :)

[video=youtube;Hk14sRD5dWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk14sRD5dWs[/video]
Geez, I'd forgotten what a howler that was from their keeper. Worthy of De Gea and worse than Artur's howler at Bristol Rovers.:D