• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

city v dags match day thread

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Theres a good read on the BBC website about the match :D

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even IF , say, we only took a point from Brentford/Wycombe IMHO we still should be within 1/2 points of automatic as Bury play Shrews at home and go away v Darlo. Rochdale also play Shrews and it's looking like another 3 points should more or less secure a play-off place.
I fully expect us to beat Wycombe because;

1. Their current form is shocking - over the last 1o games its; p10 W 1 d 6 L 3.
2. Peter Taylor is back at SJP
3. I havent seen City lose since Wembley '07 - 7 wins from 7 visits since- 1 goal conceded
and I'm hoping to get over!

My wife has a lot to answer for- couldn't make yesterday because of her.
Can't make Morecambe because of her...
Can't make Wembley because of her....oh and my daughter!!!
And do I dare go over for Brentford/Wycombe over Easter?????

Single guys - if you're reading this take note!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Had a really good day yesterday. Those goals from Fleetwood were well worth the travelling. The atmosphere on the Big Bank was good (I was at the bottom of the heart), though rather quiet after their goal. Don't generally enjoy route 1 football, but with Fleetwood up front it did look good. Cozic was immense again.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a game, have to let on to you guys, was talking to my mate next to me about Fleetwood, and my quote was 'I'm worried he's just conferance standard, but I hope he proves me wrong' a minute later, he bangs the ball in the back of the net!!!
How could you be worried he was of 'Conference standard' based on the performance he'd already put into the game? I know people have differing opinions based on where ever they watch the game from but bloody hell shabba, were you watching the game from Mars or somewhere?

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Well, what a day yesterday was!

We win 2-1 to go second, everyone else in the top 10 doesn't win, and to top it all off, my wife had our first child, a girl, at 2.43am to start the day off.

Sat 4th April 2009 was such a cracking day. :D

Last edited:

Midland Red

Herschel, my dear old thing, congratulations!! :) :)

A Slacker

A great win but not a pretty one. The first half in particular was very turgid with Fleetwood's moment of magic the only bit to brighten it up.

Second half was tense despite the superb goal. D & R never gave up and with Strevens, Benson etc it always looked possible that they could score but.......they didn't. What relief.

Troy was immense, Fleetwood was awesome, totally agree that Bertie was Danny Bailey.

Fantastic result.

budegrecian

Its the day after the storm - I still cant belive it
and i know we cant always rely on Fleetwood but i think if we go up we will have a chance of staying up in L1
I think Moxey is a great captain
Tiss is the best! :D
Have to agree with this GG, he really sems to relish the responsibility. Not sure what Tis should do when Matty's back.

Dr Hook

Well, what a day yesterday was!

We win 2-1 to go second, everyone else in the top 10 doesn't win, and to top it all off, my wife had our first child, a girl, at 2.43am to start the day off.

Sat 4th April 2009 was such a cracking day. :D
Well done Herschy, it can't have been that great - you didn't have the national winner.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for the lateness - Report now up. Er, someone do the link, my laptop is about to run out of battery...