• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Moments You Wished You Could See Again

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lammie Robertson being sent off for fighting in the centre circle at St James Park. It might have been against Mansfield. We would have been all watching the play that had moved on, and wasn't watching what was happening with Lammie!
He got sent off a couple of times at SJP(it was rare to see dismissals back then)
The one you mentioned was against Cambridge in Sept 1976...He was also sent off in a pre-season friendly(ironic !) at SJP the following August against Minehead.
That was a really good dust up & culminated with Lammie giving the player a boot in the head..That fiery Scottish temper 😁

fred binneys head

We could really attract the big names for pre-season back then.

Oldsmobile-88

The sealing of promotion at SJP against Southend in 1990(& Sealing the Championship 3 days later against Scarborough)
Unique in the fact that the promotion was achieved infront of the SJP faithful.

Away,it would have to be the Newcastle FAC 5th round tie when Lee Roberts equalised with 6 mins to go..Unreal feeling.

Oldsmobile-88

We could really attract the big names for pre-season back then.
😁😁
Minehead were runners up to Wimbledon the previous May & were a decent team.They beat the Grecians 4-1 that day...Only a week before Norwich of the 1st Division were thrashed 5-0 at SJP.

andrew p long

John Delve’s thirty yarder away at Bradford, early 80s. That’s one of the favourite moments that I haven’t seen film of since.

STURTZ

He got sent off a couple of times at SJP(it was rare to see dismissals back then)
The one you mentioned was against Cambridge in Sept 1976...He was also sent off in a pre-season friendly(ironic !) at SJP the following August against Minehead.
That was a really good dust up & culminated with Lammie giving the player a boot in the head..That fiery Scottish temper 😁
My memories of Lammie were him getting sent off Brentford twice (I beleive). Brentford had a similarly feisty player back then, Dick Renwick who got two sending off v us. I asked Lammie about his dubious disciplinary record a few years back at the reunion. He shrugged as if to say, who me?

Colesman Ballz

My memories of Lammie were him getting sent off Brentford twice (I beleive). Brentford had a similarly feisty player back then, Dick Renwick who got two sending off v us. I asked Lammie about his dubious disciplinary record a few years back at the reunion. He shrugged as if to say, who me?
Lammie was a "pussycat" when compared with Barry Corr in his spell with us !

Dannyred

Here you go.

Thanks, what an amazing game

fred binneys head

I know this is a thread about things you’ve seen that you’d like to see again, but I’d really love to see film of my dad playing for city, even though I’ve never seen it before (apart from being a baby in my mum’s arms at the games - does that count?).

eurogrecian

Santos Gaia's header at Charlton in the FAC match is 2003. Can't remember many goals celebrated like that.

I think it's available behind a paywall on the Charlton website, but I'd love to see it again.