• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Moments You Wished You Could See Again

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any specific memorable City moments that you cannot revisit on YouTube or anywhere.

I'll kick off with Mark Robson's overhead kick against Burnley. I've not seen it since but it holds in my mind as a thing of beauty and the first time I had seen a City player score from such an attempt.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lammie Robertson being sent off for fighting in the centre circle at St James Park. It might have been against Mansfield. We would have been all watching the play that had moved on, and wasn't watching what was happening with Lammie!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good thread btw!

grecIAN Harris

Not so much see again but actually be there in person for rather than live through it on the radio, the second leg of the Conference play-off at Plainbore but as for one I was actually there for............. trouncing Newcastle. The young glory boys can keep drawing with United as City's greatest day. What it did to keep the club running was massive but as a performance on the pitch it pales into insignificance to the way Kells, Hatchy, Delve and co slaughtered Newcastle.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not so much see again but actually be there in person for rather than live through it on the radio, the second leg of the Conference play-off at Plainbore.
Similarly the previous season at the Kassam.

Rosencrantz

Not so much see again but actually be there in person for rather than live through it on the radio, the second leg of the Conference play-off at Plainbore.
You kind of experienced the celebrations at Oxford through mobile phone. Can't remember if we did the same live from Plainbore.

grecIAN Harris

You kind of experienced the celebrations at Oxford through mobile phone. Can't remember if we did the same live from Plainbore.
No. I had taken the girls to Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary whilst you were at Torquay Donkey Sanctuary and was driving back from there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Every game between Exeter and Wigan Athletic played at St James Park, with the camera mounted above the cowshed roof so we could then actually see the ball.

Young 'uns should be made to watch these games to see just how much we and football has progressed over the years.

Red Devon

Tony Kellow’s net busting free kick from the edge of the box in the 3:2 away win at Leyton Orient in 87/88...the away end was behind the goal at Brisbane Road back then which gave for fantastic view.

STURTZ

Tony Kellow’s net busting free kick from the edge of the box in the 3:2 away win at Leyton Orient in 87/88...the away end was behind the goal at Brisbane Road back then which gave for fantastic view.
I was there!

Funnily enough my moment involved Tone, early days for Kells we were playing Norwich. Kellow turned two players inside out on the corner edge of the penalty area, one was Martin Peters! The upstart from the SW league had done enough, he raised his arms to the adoring big Bank whilst he let the ball roll over the line for a corner.