• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City - Game for a Laugh Thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster

Reactions: WXF

Oldsmobile-88

The one and only Dave Allen (circa 1994) 'The Clock' sketch went out live towards the end of his show, prior to a much anticipated World Cup match between Northern Ireland and somebody. It got a maximum live early evening viewing audience, kids and all! Dave was subsequently banned for a period, see what you think:

I loved Dave Allen...His BBC2 shows in the mid 1970s,when he was sat in a reclining chair telling stories with a whisky & a cigarette were genius.

Alistair20000

I loved Dave Allen...His BBC2 shows in the mid 1970s,when he was sat in a reclining chair telling stories with a whisky & a cigarette were genius.
Good shout.

Not forgetting the missing finger tip

Red Devon

PeteUSA

The Two Ronnies - Mastermind Sketch. Hilarious from beginning to end!

Rosencrantz

The Two Ronnies - Mastermind Sketch. Hilarious from beginning to end!

Definitely in my top five sketches.

andrew p long

I was more familiar with the forerunner of that show, Candid Camera. General chief prankster Jonathon Routh did famously get a black eye from a member of the public back then!
there was a lot of real wit and ingenuity in Candid Camera.

i think my favourite at the time was the goldfish eating...

..two customers queuing at a shop counter as the shopkeeper goes out the back to fetch something. One customer plunges his hand into the goldfish tank on the counter, pulls out (what appears to be ) a goldfish and then, despite the goldfish (apparently) being a bit slithery, puts it into his mouth and eats it.

the ‘goldfish’ ‘eaten’ was in fact a slither of carrot. The reactions of the other customer, and attempts to explain to the shopkeeper, were a study in Englishness.

wouldn’t be permitted/ might cause a real dust up nowadays!

iscalad

there was a lot of real wit and ingenuity in Candid Camera.

i think my favourite at the time was the goldfish eating...

..two customers queuing at a shop counter as the shopkeeper goes out the back to fetch something. One customer plunges his hand into the goldfish tank on the counter, pulls out (what appears to be ) a goldfish and then, despite the goldfish (apparently) being a bit slithery, puts it into his mouth and eats it.

the ‘goldfish’ ‘eaten’ was in fact a slither of carrot. The reactions of the other customer, and attempts to explain to the shopkeeper, were a study in Englishness.

wouldn’t be permitted/ might cause a real dust up nowadays!

PeteUSA

An absolute classic from Eric and Ernie....

Rosencrantz

I'll raise you Pete 😉