• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just how short is Pym? He doesn't look like a keeper. To be fair to him he looked great in the playoffs and couldn't do much today but genuinely interested to know if he is as short as he looked.
My personal opinion is that he is 5'9". Many others will insist he's taller than that. Assuming he is 5'9", we've had some top keepers at that height, notably Richard Key and Len Bond, both City favourites.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
My personal opinion is that he is 5'9". Many others will insist he's taller than that. Assuming he is 5'9", we've had some top keepers at that height, notably Richard Key and Len Bond, both City favourites.
I'm 5'11, nearly 6'0. Ive stood next to Christy. He's taller than me.

Tall...far away.

PeteUSA

I'm 5'11, nearly 6'0. Ive stood next to Christy. He's taller than me.
Ian Tarr, who's going on 6'0" said that on here a year or two ago. He stood next to Christy somewhere and said exactly the same. Pym was taller than him! It must be an illusion that he's considerably less than that. When he's stood on his goal line next to the post, the crossbar looks a hell of a lot further above him than 2'0"! Go figure?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm 6'4", Pym looks like a dwarf next to me.

For a midget (in goalkeeping terms) he's had a great season.

Hamon is a tall streak of a lad, sadly he is a shocking glovesman, one of the worst we have ever had.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Could of been worse than 3 if it wasn’t for Pym this afternoon , he’s a decent shot stopper and I’d imagine like JMT & probably Tisdale he won’t be here next season

geoffwp

I'm 6'4".
Only in your high heels though eh? :D

PeteUSA

Anyway: Any news on CP? Its been quite a while and I've detected no exeweb Pym rumblings. Are we to take it he'll be here for next season? Only I thought somebody said he wanted away if we didnt get promoted?

Alistair20000

Hamon is a tall streak of a lad, sadly he is a shocking glovesman, one of the worst we have ever had.
As he has played so little it is very hard to form a reasoned judgment.

He is bleddy decent golfer though.

In all the pictures of the new kit I have not seen Christy Pym modelling the goalkeepers version , am I reading too much into this or have I just missed the photo ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
In all the pictures of the new kit I have not seen Christy Pym modelling the goalkeepers version , am I reading too much into this or have I just missed the photo ?
Maybe he isn't tall enough for the modelling game.