• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're right. He (the number 16) was in an offside position and took a swing at the ball. Offside offence committed. Luckily it didn't count in the end.

Grecian2K

He's really come into his own this season Imo, just needs to work on quicker distribution but yeah, very positive so far.
Although, to be fair, at a point in the game when we "ought to have been grateful" just to have salvaged a precious away point his prompt distribution and urging on for the winner can hardly be faulted? (Unless, of course, the move had broken down and THEY'D burst back for a last gasp winner ;) )

Grecian2K

So yesterday, another excellent game from CP with crucial saves, one particularly first class in the first couple of minutes when he blocked (with his body) a certain goal. Another goalbound shot was I thought well held to his left in the latter stages. I did think he was somewhat at fault with the Crewe goal by way of his positioning for an along the ground softish shot, but the close attention of one two of the Crewe players could have been a distraction? He clearly thought the scorer was offside by his reaction. Irrespective, a top game again.
Good words, my old friend (may I call you that, or would you prefer "sparring partner ;) ".)

But "anyhoo" (as I believe they may sometimes say in your parts) what about that 94th minute "claw off the line" from their header - immediately before the quick release of the ball that led to 3 points a minute later?

Not a "worldy" I admit, but one that could so easily have squirmed out of the grasp of a Glovesman less confident in his form. And, let's face it, we've frequently seen even at International level.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Following on from saturdays dubious dubious goal (or two) I thought our lad had an excellent game in goal tonight. I'm glad Tisdale didnt bring Jonah in and stuck with Pym. We ground out three excellent points tonight, and although it wasnt pretty to the purist, Pym played a huge part in that victory. I dont think he put a foot wrong.

chunkymorrinmunter

Following on from saturdays dubious dubious goal (or two) I thought our lad had an excellent game in goal tonight. I'm glad Tisdale didnt bring Jonah in and stuck with Pym. We ground out three excellent points tonight, and although it wasnt pretty to the purist, Pym played a huge part in that victory. I dont think he put a foot wrong.
Praise indeed,good keeper.

PeteUSA

Praise indeed,good keeper.
Why thank you.:$ Some say I'm a bit past it now though. :(

Alistair20000

Why thank you.:$ Some say I'm a bit past it now though. :(
You are like a fine old tawny port Pate :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
England U21s have been in action and I can't help but wonder how far away from a recall he might be.

budegrecian

Believe he's 23 next month, so that might exclude him.
Overall been in good form this season and certainly contender for player of the season.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that being over age wouldn't necessarily prevent a player being selected for an age group call-up.