• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Weale departs

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who's going to put forward the obvious replacement, and do we start a crowd funding scheme to pay for the flight over here

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who's going to put forward the obvious replacement, and do we start a crowd funding scheme to pay for the flight over here
I have already made him aware of the vacancy.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This possibly gives us a little more flexibility, i.e. we could sign a number one keeper and an experienced back up keeper who coaches the number one, just an idea that may free up some cash for other areas.
Agreed, would be a sound move.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Temporarily Exiled

Weale says he wants to spend more time with his family, I see no reason not to believe him. Maybe Matt wants to get someone in who can commit to working more hours per week?

Not sure where Weale's been living either, but given he came to us from Dorchester it could've been a horrendous commute (which makes any job more taxing).

Last edited:

tavyred

Of course we should be worried. A physio, a fitness coach, a somethingelse coach and a goalkeeping coach - losing that is like ripping the spine out of the team. We'll be lucky if we make it to the first friendly, all our players either dead, dying or the size of a space hopper. What is Matt Taylor thinking? How dare he dismiss callously hard working people only doing their best for the club without immediate replacements lined up, as well as extra staff to help these new recruits bed in and spread the workload.

To be honest I'm going to put it out there: frankly I'm ****ting myself at the prospect of not having a goal keeping coach and a physio and some other people. I'll be laying awake at night in constant turmoil about how we're going to avoid doing a Torquay and plummeting towards the D&E Premier (if we're lucky). I'm genuinely not sure the club will ever recover from these devastating losses. Should we be worried? Damn straight we should.
I agree.
Does MT and others at the club realise how hard it is to get people to work at a football club?
We are doomed! :)

Temporarily Exiled

Let's see if we can tempt Petr Čech down to the westcountry.

iscalad

Does David James still live in Chudleigh?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thought he lived down Shaldon way ? That's a hell of a commute to Exeter every day !
Maybe Matt is just clearing out the remnants of the PT era , but quite frankly who cares unless they are in line for a job at SJP.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member