• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chiefs off to HQ

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Barnet were supposed to be making a £22m loan to Saracens. Hope this doesn't go tits up like the one from the Council to Northampton Town's football club.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Barnet were supposed to be making a £22m loan to Saracens. Hope this doesn't go tits up like the one from the Council to Northampton Town's football club.
Why on earth would Barnet Council loan £22M of public money to a Company whose owner is worth £300M ? If I were a resident of Barnet I would want my Council Tax reduced and additional funding of services instead.

i8cornwall

I think Saracens ground is a multi sports facility and used to the local community so imagine it has something to do with that.

Colesman Ballz

Tony Rowe doesn't think that the punishment fits the crime and wants them relegated as well ! Presumably he has half an eye on their last two Premiership Titles being annulled and the Chiefs being awarded them by default !

IndoMike

'
Saracens rugby’s Bury? Well , winning unfairly by exceeding the salary cap anyway. Docked 35 points , that should give Chiefs a head start.
But they'll fight it, Banksy. And they're powerful with influential friends.
You know how these things work.

Banksy

Yes I do indeed Mike if my life experiences are anything to go on.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Chiefs are still all shook up if last weekend's game against Bristol is anything to go by.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think Saracens ground is a multi sports facility and used to the local community so imagine it has something to do with that.
I think you're pretty much on it there. I'm not sure if the athletics ground is still there (where as Hounslow Borough champion I was our representative in the Steeplechase at the County schools championships in 1993), but there are myriad other sporting facilities at Barnet Copthall besides the Rugby.

If Middlesex CCC get their way there could be a Cricket ground there too before long - I presume on the site currently occupied by the Cricket squares adjoining the Rugby ground.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saracens announce that they will not proceed with their appeal against sanctions.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't expect that it will impact on the contents of their trophy cabinet though.